ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
324 Posts
I don't get it.. "you thought hot rodding was dead because blah blah blah, but it's NOT!"

great...loads of evidence that it's dead and none to prove it :|

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I loved that video. I passed it around the office last month. Everybody loved the old footage and nostalgic racing that was edited to make it look like period footage. And the poem/rant is so true. I love the part about the neighbor that is working in the garage welding until 3am and you see him bleary eyed the next morning getting into his daily driver to head off to work. That's so me and about 5 other guys I know.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
So is goth.

http://goth-attitude.skyblog.com/pics/39126262.jpg

edit: Really good writing in that video. I dig it.
who is that? and how old is she? i want to know so i can say she's hot.. if she's old enough. if she's not, then i guess i'm just perverted?

as for hot rodding. i still think it's alive.. just a lot more scarce.

i run Mooneyes USA stuff in my civic, and i have a mooneyes watch. i also have a suicide knob and a #3 pool ball as a lift lever on my forklift.. yes. i am a hot rodder.

·
Registered
404 Posts
The end part about staying in the garage till 2am is true about me and my 2 friends when we rebuilt the motor in his T-Bird. When we finished the motor and got it in the car at 4am we decided that we would wait till 5am when we couldnt get a noise violation to start it instead of leaving it and going to bed :lol: It was well worth it!

This video was shot at 5:30am that morning

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
I am kind of offended by that video.

No ****, show cars are fucking weak.

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
It's more scarce nowadays. It's hard to find the real rodders anymore, but they're out there still. Look @ my influence, I always loved Big Daddy Roth cars and other Rat Rods of the time period. I went to a show this weekend and yes, there were done up show cars, cars that only see the light of day @ a show, WEAK!! There were also some cars that were driven daily that I paid more attention to though. It's a car, drive it like it was built to be!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Heh... Most of the stuff he says is missing is because people got smarter about gearing, chassis design, etc etc.

Yeah. Someone needs a counter video... Parallel 4 links, twin turbos, monster miatas...

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
So because he doesn't know about H22 swaps in a CRX hot rodding is dead?

Making a 13 second car run 12s? Yawn. Making a POS 17 second econobox run 12s? Hot rodding.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
Although you have a point...

I dont think a mongrel honda is fitting to be a part of the american hot rodding culture.

At least thats how I see it.

Maybe 20-30-40 years down the road I will see it differently...I know its all the same thing, just different countries of origin.

The video although it was shot in 2005 was made to feel historical, made to feel like you were actually there ~50 years ago. Despite some people are staying true to hot rodding's roots and history, I dont think its alive and kicking compared to say 50 years ago. Hell we say vanning still isnt dead, but it sure isnt what it was 30 years ago. Thats just the way it is.

Perhaps hondas will fall into a new era of hot rodding, but I certainly dont think they belong right along side classic american hot rod culture.

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
I thought it boiled down to this:
Hot Rodding - Building old 30-40-50s cars with big engines and drag racing them.

Street Rodding - Taking a rust bucket old Chevy, Ford, or Plymouth, and turning into a clean looking show car for cruising and showing off.

Rat Rodding - Taking a rust bucket, making it semi-reliable, painting it flat-black or not at all, and making it low and fast.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts