ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given the interest that some of the members on here have, I figured this thread should exist. This thread is for the discussion of customizing, collecting, and owning Hot Wheels and the like.

Weak opening post, but today I stopped by Toys R Us, Target, and K Mart and got deez:

Untitled by Darien Weber, on Flickr

Also ordered some 785 wheels from 78toys for an upcoming custom.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Took me a few days... mine are toys, not collectors items. My kids play with them, I play with them with my kids.
21 here, though the full collection resides under the couch, between the wall and bunk beds, etc. Excluded all the crazy ones, only cars that were built in real life in these pics.

potato pic is potato:

·
Registered
451 Posts
im in the process of moving or id take a photo of my "garage".. got some sweet ones

the new porsche collection just showed up at my walmart. just got the 917, 918, and 993 gt2

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
Didn't even know you could mod hot wheels. :lol:

I still have all of my original hot wheels toys dating back to the 70s. So many good classics in my collection, but now they are all my daughters. Gonna give her my micro machines collection soon too.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
My latest acquisition. Rubber tires and it rolls so smooth!!

It looks great outside

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
Woaaah. Did you find it in store? It looks like a custom with a real rider swap.
No haha I wish. I broke down and bid on it on ebay. $1.99 plus $1.99 shipping! Most I've spent on a Hotwheel was $12 and that was for the Boulevard Porsche GT2

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have a ton of Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars. I've kept all the ones I had growing up that I played with and I have probably 100+ still in packages from collecting over the years. My future kids will get to enjoy most of them one day.

Recently I've been pretty selective with my purchases, mostly classic Minis. I think I have doubles of most of the HW and MB Minis made in the last 10 years, at least one of each still in packing. I also have a 60s 'Made in England' Lesney Matchbox Mini that I got cheap at a local auction. :mrgreen:

I'll have to get some pictures.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have some 78toys 785's coming in today sometime, and I am not sure what car to put them on.

Datsun 510, but I dont want to because its on real riders and I don't want to **** it up

Datsun 240z, but the rear arches are larger than average so I'm not sure how that will work.

VW Caddy, but its German, lol

Or an FB RX7, but honestly I'm just not a huge fan of the casting.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
At work:

At home:

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Do they have a website? Facebook page? Just tried google searching and came up with nothing. Really interested in those. :icon_cheers:
The dude does his transactions via paypal through instagram, among other things. Sounds sketchy as ****, but I sent him $11 and he sent me wheels and a sticker.

https://instagram.com/78toy4dr/

I dont know why I didnt get the A3A reps. They're definitely cooler.

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
The dude does his transactions via paypal through instagram, among other things. Sounds sketchy as ****, but I sent him $11 and he sent me wheels and a sticker.

https://instagram.com/78toy4dr/

I dont know why I didnt get the A3A reps. They're definitely cooler.
He lives in the same town I do and I've met him. I can verify that he's on the up and up. Really nice guy.

·
CR Troll Patrol
2,785 Posts
I have some 78toys 785's coming in today sometime, and I am not sure what car to put them on.

Datsun 510, but I dont want to because its on real riders and I don't want to **** it up

Datsun 240z, but the rear arches are larger than average so I'm not sure how that will work.

VW Caddy, but its German, lol

Or an FB RX7, but honestly I'm just not a huge fan of the casting.
510 Wagon?

Or 240Z

1 - 20 of 101 Posts