ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Supporting Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While looking over my car today I had some doubts whether or not my 5spd manual was really manual from the factory and not swapped. The biggest head scratcher I had was when I drove a buddies car then drove mine and realized my clutch pedal is exactly an inch further away from the brake pedal than my buddies. So Im wondering If I can look somewhere on the car to tell it was originally manual. Or look at the VIN and be able to tell... Anybodies help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
323 Posts
even if it were an auto from factory that wouldnt explain it being further from the brake.

All the mounts for the pedals are there for brake and clutch pedals which come as a unit there is even the hole already in the firewall for the clutch master

Maybe your (or his) clutch pedal is just bent or something

You could put a multimeter on your TPS and see if it is variable or not. Manuals are not variable

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Stick your fuckin' head up there and look, you should easily be able to tell if it was added on.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Stick your fuckin' head up there and look XD, you should easily be able to tell if it was added on.
You don't think I've been doing that!? If your gonna be a **** about it stay off my thread.

Called Mazda today anyways.

Sorry, fixed it for you...

I'm thinkin' one of you guys has a modified (bent) pedal for easier hell/toe action, is your clutch farther from the brake or is his just closer to the go pedal?

·
//banned
9,131 Posts
fixed what?
i still see a grammatical error.
if you're gonna bold some text and try to call people out, make sure you do it right...
op...hopefully mazda can help you out. i have no idea when it comes to **** like this.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Ok then just check around where the pedalbox mounts, you usually have to cut out some of the sound deadning to bolt it down properly

but...

Im still going with the bent pedal idea

·
Registered
69 Posts
If it was previously an A/T, perhaps there is leftover wiring for the TCU and such. The PO might have went the extra mile and removed them though.

·
Supporting Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What about when I start my car? I have to have the clutch pedal pressed in to start it. I heard if you can start your car w the clutch pedal not pushed in it was previously an automatic...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Haha chances are that your car was a manual from the factory then. FYI, that is NOT always the case if you have a bypass done.

Here is mine from many months ago:

·
Registered
178 Posts
What about when I start my car? I have to have the clutch pedal pressed in to start it. I heard if you can start your car w the clutch pedal not pushed in it was previously an automatic...
Really?!??!!?! never heard of this! probably a U.S only thing, my car and all others I've heard of can start without the clutch pushed.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Really?!??!!?! never heard of this! probably a U.S only thing, my car and all others I've heard of can start without the clutch pushed.
Safety measure to keep idiots from starting there car while its in gear.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts