ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since it's Valentine's Day and all let's talk about our true loves.

When was the first time you knew you wanted a Miata?

How long have you owned a Miata?

I first knew I'd own one when I started selling Mazdas in 1993.

I got my first one in 1997.

·
Registered
129 Posts
i would have to say after i got my 240sx, i started wanting a miata.. cause first car was a 91 mr2 and i loved how fun it was to drive then i started getting into drifting - not so easy with an mr2- and of corse i started wanting a 240 - i got one after about a year or so of wanting one and it pretty much blew ass, so i looked to miatas because i had heard they were a blast to drive. i ended up getting a settlement from a car accident i had and bought an nb about a month later - i have had it for about a month now and no regrets, just smiles

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Loved 'em when I saw the spy "photos" in Autoweek in the beginning. Wasn't sure I wanted one until I drove one. Then I had to have it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I've wanted one as long as I can remember but was too young back in the early years and by the time I could drive they were still a bit expensive. But I really fell in love with them when I saw a brand new 10AE in Atlanta in 1999, from there I had to have one.

Bought my first (96 Red PEP) in 02 and bought my 10AE in early 05.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
When I got into drifting at around 2000-2001 I wanted a RWD Mazda and didn't want the headache of drifting a rotary. I still ended up getting an RX-7 before I got the Miata. :(

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
I wanted them back in the wee age of 9 when they came out. Then in 93, the FD came out and I HAD to get one of those. In 2001, I still couldnt afford and FD so I bought my first love, an 02 Miata.

Fast forward to 03, I got my FD. Built it to my dream car status then sold it in 06. Since then, Ive had 3 more miatas.

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
Hate to say it, but i hated miata's back in the day. I had the usual stereotype set in my mind back in the honda days. Then i had developed a passion to partake in motorsports. So I test drove a stock s2000 and a miata with suspension mods. Obviously, I chose the miata and never looked back. This has been 2 years ago.

·
Esteemed Member
3,776 Posts
after taking numerous rides in a my cousins r model, I knew it was impossible to have more fun in a car for the money then in a miata. Ive been completely hooked ever since

·
Registered
514 Posts
I have been wanting one since about 1998 when my parents bought one. I learned how to drive in it. It was the first car i ever spent five hours waxing. I finally got mine about a month ago and we're just getting to know each other.

-Jeremy

·
Registered
718 Posts
ever since before I got my license I've wanted either a miata, S13, or AE86. I was leaning more towards the miata/S13 because SCC and every other mag in existence at the time were saying how amazingly well they can handle. then there were a couple articles in mags about miatas and I started leaning that way even more. my mom demanded I get something with an airbag, so the 86 was out of the question (even though I found a dope vomit-green GT-S with a bunch of spares for everything. god it was hot..), and it was freaking impossible to find an S13 with an airbag that wasn't a convertible or an automatic, so I decided I'd get a miata about the time I turned 17.

searching for one made me want it even more and I found a sweet 96, but then some guy bought it right after I saw it, and then I found the 93 I have now the very next day, pretty much fell in love with it, went to the bank, paid for it, and drove away.

that was september.

·
Registered
332 Posts
eh...i kinda thought miatas are gay. then i watched the first episode of initial d 4th stage..then i was kinda intrigued but still thought they were gay. Then my mom called me when she was getting my sisters car and she asked me if i wanted a miata. so i said yeah but she said no and started laughing..then they both got home and told me to go outside..and there it was.. my car..first car..so shocked.. so happy and nervous. after that i cant imagine myself without a miata..couldn't imagine myself driving another car. i loved my car more than my ex.. maybe thats why we broke up.. MUAHAHAHHAA

·
Registered
634 Posts
wanted something small, rear wheel drive n attractive for a few years. i found her last summer n we've been together ever since. i think she's the one..

·
Garage Quinn Motors - GQM
2,847 Posts
Ive always liked miatas even before I got my liscence. I never thought I would end up buying one however. I had intentions of buying a 93 rx7 that was being built and bought my 91 miata in the mean time to hold me over. As the rx7 project kept getting pushed back and was taking way to long. I fell in love my NA and then bought my NB shortly after. I as well came from a Honda back ground. My whole perception on cars has changed alot since I sold my last Honda. I still plan on owning a built single turbo FD one day as it is one of my all time favorite dream cars.

Leatherface, I am really curious as to why you sold your FD. I saw your pics and they are beautiful. That was one hell of a clean car especially with the 99 spec front and the wheels.

·
OG Member
583 Posts
I've been a HUGE Mazda fan since '90. I've owned three Proteges since then, all of them modified in some way. I've always wanted a Miata, but it wasn't practical for me until recently. Now that I have it, I plan on keeping it forever! This car is my daily driver and everyday I have a smile on my face when I get in, even if just driving to the store. I also plan to build a V8 Miata in the next few years after I finish this one (it's neverending!).

·
Registered
274 Posts
My last ex had a miata. Being the good girlfriend i was, i tagged along to all his miata meets, autocrosses, and car shows. I got into cars in general pretty fast, and decided i wanted either a MINI or a miata. A friend's miata went for sale, and i learned manual to buy it. I owned it about 9 months before i got into a fender bender and my father talked me into a mini. Work transferred me out too far to hold onto such an expensive car, so i got another miata about 10 months ago and i refuse to go without one ever again.

I too thought the first gens were ugly when i first saw them, but the price and fun were worth it. Now i think they're CUTE. I even transformed my current BF into an NA owner. And we have his and hers plates.

I'd say my passion is pretty deep.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts