ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
specifically, a 2003 Honda Shadow 750 ACE?

i've got one in my garage i'm holding for a friend who is trying to sell it, but the battery died and i'm showing it tonight but i have no idea how to jump it. :(

can i just use a car and jumper cables? i dont even know where the battery is on the bike. :oops:

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha.. i know the basics of starting a bike..

it's got an electric start button. turn the key, it lights up.. it's in Neutral.. hit the button. buzz.. buzz..

the lights arent too bright anymore, so i believe it's a lack of juice.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well if it's got a little bit of juice it'll push start easy. Does it have a dynamo or a little alternator?

Kickin' it shouldn't be hard either if it's got enough juice to light up. We were able to push my friend's harley and it fired right up off a dead battery.
um.. no idea.. what should i be looking for? i dont even know what a dynamo is or what a little alternator would look like...

·
Registered
212 Posts
the battery is under the seat or behind a cover around the seat. jump it the same way as a car. you can push start it, but might need some help. works same as a car too. if it has high compression, you will need some help to get it moving as fast as you possibly can, if its going to slow, when you pop the clutch it will just lock the rear wheel

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
You have to remove the seat on that model. It's not too bad, you can use a jumper from a car, but a jump box would be better. It's not woth the effort to push start one of those either. You also ave to ride it for about an hour, letting it sit @ idle does nothing. Just take it for a long ride around the block, preferably mid-range rpm's will help it charge a little.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts