ClubRoadster.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought my Miata as a daily driver to save on gas due to the fact that my GTO was getting 14 mpg.

So how do all of you drive to get the best MPG out of your Miata?

·
Registered
210 Posts
shift at 4000 dont floor it all over the place i got 31 mpg on the last road trip 1028 miles mixed high way and back roads

·
Registered
165 Posts
I get 28-30 mpg letting the revs build to 4k rpm with the throttle just over halfway. I do the speed limit on the highway most of the time. I have too much fun in my car and still get better fuel economy than anything I've owned before

·
Registered
366 Posts
Dayum, i get like 250-280 per gallon :/ shifting at 3k rpm, maybe its time to do some maitenance, my city mpg really sucks, but highway is normal

i wanna get 28-30 :O!!!!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
shifting at 3-5 k, I didn't really noticed a difference on consumption on a 4 banger, regardless I atleat get 25+ mpg.However, on my v8 I loose alot of gas, wether I drive it slow or fast. When it comes to gas consumption, its a win-win situation for a miata.

·
Registered
496 Posts
lmfao dazed.... i just cracked up laughing out loud here at work.
(i work at a dealership) and a couple customers just turned and looked at me, hahaha.

:phillyb::phillyb::whistle:

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I get 20 mpg city driving and about 27-30 highway. So usually maybe a little more if I really let the needle drop below the last mark 225 miles per tank city driving and 280-320 highway per tank. Turbo

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Mine is somewhat subpar at 24ish. I guess living in the city hurts it, but even on long roadtrips I never see really good mileage.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.