ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have been reading for over an hour and I can't figure this out. How the hell do you guys get your cars so low? All the springs I have found have no more than a 2" drop, and thats not alot. Are you cutting the springs or what...Let me tell you what I have and maybe you can help me cause I have at least a 3 to 4 inch gap between tire and fender. Maybe the spring rate is to stiff. But it came with the ebay coilovers.

KYB AGX set on 7/6
Ebay coilovers almost bottomed out
205/40/16 wheels and tires

All info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Some coilovers only allow a certain amount of ride height adjustability.

·
Registered
698 Posts
The Ebaycoilovers are the culprit. If you want to go lower, you will need to get a better coilover setup. Maybe not fully adjustables, but Tein Basic w/NB upper mounts or keep you AGX and get some Ground Controls w/NB uppermounts.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
could I just the springs. Its not the sleves holding up the car. Any idea what the lowest ride height springs I can purchase.

·
Speed Tribe OG Member
4,628 Posts
Just get ISCracing top mounts in the 2inch version and you will be slammed for sure plus you will have hella suspension travel. I have this setup with KYB agx and eibach springs(uncut) and now I scrape my exhaust on small bums in the road.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you have a picture of those eunos? I looked at the site but not sure what to look for. I think I am suspension retarded...

·
CR.net Supporter
1,138 Posts
In all honesty, a two inch drop IS a lot for just a spring/shock combo. Combined with FCM modified upper shock mounts you're looking at a respectable amount of slammage.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so where and how much are these FCM shock mounts?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ohhh ok cool...Yeah I saw those on IRC for $40 bucks each. Which is very reasonable. I'll have to call them up. Thanks fellas...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ohh excuse me. ISC.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
the only concern with the isc mounts is that your bumpstops become useless as you'll bottom out the suspension on the chasis before the bumpstops can do anything. it was a scary enough thought for me to sell mine unused (those are my pics) and buy some Tein Flex instead. I just won't be eating for a while.......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts