ClubRoadster.net banner

How low can you lower Tein flex's?

9K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  asianrice02 
#1 ·
As the topic states, I'm basically just wondering how low you can actually lower your car with tein flexs, and also as a bonus : Can you get tein flex's with different spring rates?

#5 ·
and yes you can get diff rates just need to get them revalved

=D
Eddie at adrenaline told me that you can go +-2kg with the springs without revalving. I am running 9kg springs up front. I've had no problems with the damping and the higher spring rates.
oh awesome I didn't know that :mrgreen:

my friend Paul's car on tein flex.

lower brace about 1 1/2'' off the floor

low enough for you?

#14 ·
i've done 11.75in front and 12.00 rear. 2 days. miss calculated the measuring for the height.

ride sucks. everything becomes a road hazard. speed bumps are mt. everst.

DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!.

never pushed the car hard when it was that low. reading solomiata.com?! says anything lower than 12.5 ruins the suspension geometry.

mines at 12.25 but i don't notice anything.

#20 ·
I have it on recommended tein factory settings from the instruction manual. I'm 12.25 Front, 12.60 Rear and it feels perfect (to me). It's also very smooth for daily driving while maintaining very flat on turns.

I would like to lower it about 0.25 all around, but i am more performance oriented.

miata.net says 13 is ideal, but I didn't really find a difference

Flex has a wide damping range with 0/0 to 16/16 (or 32/32 if you have edfc) is a night and day experience.

#23 ·
Miata.net says.... pooh! That place sucks. The dudes winning races arent @ 13"

My car is low as hell and feels fine. You cant drive like a dumb chick and hit **** like speed bumps at 30mph, but its just fine.

SOmetimes to be cool you have to make sacrifices..

I think most people here are about aesthetic qualities. The car dumped is one of the most important parts of that..

-Jeff

#24 ·
I'm running 11.75" F/12.25" R and with the damping turned down (10/12 clicks from full stiff) it's pretty comfortable on the street. Putting in racing buckets made the comfort level go down though.

Despite what Miata.net says, I do very well autocrossing the car at this ride height.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.