ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not talking about a stock Accord either, but the little pocket-rockets.

What did you have? and what did you do to it?

I miss my old CRX. She was such a beater, but man was she FUN. Shw wasn't much of a looker also. Black with krylon'd black Rota C8s, stripped interior, no a/c, no heater,ect. I built her 10 years ago with a JDM B16a engine and JDM parts before "JDM" was popular, mainly as a street/drag racer. I easily spent over $2000 on engine mods alone. JUN cams, JUN Valvetrain, JUN Ecu, JUN gears, JUN Flywheel, JDM Final Drive, ect. She was FAST. But after I got arrested in a sting operation, I decided to save it for the tracks.

The "conservative" 8600rpm pill...

·
3,857 Posts
I always wanted a crx v-tech!
I love these cars!
Now it's really hard to find one that never been crashed :)

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
I drove a 4th gen prelude with a JDM motor swapped with bolt-ons. This is the car i will always have a soft spot for.

Attachments

·
Registered
592 Posts
I am a Honda guy that drives a Miata-
2 CRX Si 89 and 87
S2000
The wife drives an Odyssey and I have a Ridgeline for daily transpo duties.

The 89 Si is one car I regret selling, it was bone stock when it left my driveway.

The other was a RHD 280Z....

WTF was I thinking then?

·
Registered
343 Posts
I've got a honda inside my miata. So funny at night when some kid in a civic rolls next to me and see's my s2000 dash cluster all lit up. :) Always makes me wonder if they just think I stuck an s2000 cluster in my car.

Oh, and I have an old 87 prelude Si... I love that car! 265,000+ miles and still gets 35mpg and runs like a champ!

·
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've got a honda inside my miata. So funny at night when some kid in a civic rolls next to me and see's my s2000 dash cluster all lit up. :) Always makes me wonder if they just think I stuck an s2000 cluster in my car.

Oh, and I have an old 87 prelude Si... I love that car! 265,000+ miles and still gets 35mpg and runs like a champ!
You, sir, got the best of both worlds. :shock: I've seen your car over at miata.net, very nice. Are you still having driveshaft vibration issues?

M

·
0 Posts
The only new car I ever bought was my 87 Integra that I drove from 87-97 when I got my 95 Miata.

·
Registered
75 Posts
i used to own a '93 integra ls. totally stock...great car. i now have an '01 integra type-r (purchased new) that i take to the track. fairly modified... :)

i'm in the camp that just loves cars period - whether it be a mazda, honda, bmw, etc. :D

having been an owner of a nissan, honda/acura, and now a mazda, i have an appreciation of what each manufacturer has to offer.

kepani

·
Registered
105 Posts
Used to have a crx too, great car, stolen in the end, got it back but was never the same!

·
Registered
886 Posts
Besides the roadster everything else I own is a Honda.

06 RSX
05 CRV
95 Civic (sold)

The Civic was my pre-roadster era.. It had the stock 1.6 SOHC VTEC motor with DC Sports intake & header, 5Zigen wheels & cat-back, Eibach springs w/ KYBs. Man I used to love to wynd that motor out, that car sounded so good when you got on it, & it was pretty quick for an all motor car too!

Attachments

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
My first Honda was a new 1996 Civic. It was black and I eventually had put some 15x7 Prime wheels on it (I know...Prime...) Anyway, in March of '99, I went to "look" at the new Civic Si, and ended up trading my recently cleaned and waxed '96 in for an Electron Blue '99 Si. For quite some time (at least a month or so), I didn't see any other new Sis around Atlanta, but then my bubble got burst at the Nopi show that year. I think there must have been about 30 blue Sis there and a handful of the other colors available (black and red). :evil: I was one of the first ten members of what is now ClubSi.com. It was merely a Yahoo group back then.

I had the car elss than a year before selling it because of too many speeding tickets! :shock:

I then bought a Jeep Wrangler to slow me down! I had that for a while and then traded my mom for her neglected '93LE that I got back into shape and thoroughly enjoyed---before I wrecked it! :shock:

But then I found the LE I have today, so all is well.

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
As a kid in high school, I dreamed of a CRX... I never got one. As I gained more exprince with cars, I have learned to really dislike honda. My sister bought a 99 prelude with under 100k miles and it was constantly falling apart. Another freind with an accord with low mileage lost compression in one cyl... I have a 97 civic with 160k on it... and it sits in my driveway with a broken tranny.

Aparently my experince is different than anyone else who ever drove a honda, I guess I only see the bad ones. I'll never own another.

·
Registered
343 Posts

You, sir, got the best of both worlds. :shock: I've seen your car over at miata.net, very nice. Are you still having driveshaft vibration issues?
Im still getting some vibration between 40 and 50 mph, but it doesn't happen all the time. I've spent a lot of time checking everything, and am running out of ideas. Might even be a problem with the used diff I installed. Im sure i'll figure it out soon enough.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,997 Posts
You can check my sig, but I also have in my garage Harvey, a relatively stock 99DX Coupe. I added a gauge cluster from an automatic 00EX (so I'd have a tach!), and to date have done nothing more than:

Basic Tune-up
*Replace plugs, wires
*Oil change including filter
*Replace air filter and fuel filter

I bought it with 156k from my old roommate's wife, and have used it as a daily driver. It is truly a blessing at age 25 to walk out the door and decide what car I want to drive! Gets 35-37mpg in mixed driving and got 41mpg on a trip to visit my family for Mother's Day!!!!!!

I've got a set of 90-93 Miata alloy wheels that I had the hub centers bored out to fit the Civic that I need to finish cleaning so I can paint them. They will be the last mod (besides tires) that the car will ever have.

No sways, no CC, stock suspension, crap tires...but at least it has AC and factory CD player. I LOVE this car! The D16y7 (SOHC non-VTEC) is wonderfully flexible and very easy to drive fast. Easier in fact than the Miata if it had better tires/suspension.

Anyways...here's a shot of my girl (4 dress sizes bigger than she wears now, I'm proud to say!) and Harvey:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Nope never owned a honda , I did take a RSX I think it was for a test drive the dealer got really insulted after I told him , it felt like I was driving a truck and that the clutch was too girly , anyway I than went on to buy a VW337 or a fancy GTI .

Again the RSX didn't handle the way I thought or from what people had told m e , it felt like it needed abut 200lbs in the back to keep the rear end from jumping around , and even tho t was a5 speed I was unable to blip the gas between gears well I could but it just didn't work like it does in my MX5 .

1 - 20 of 93 Posts