ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking forward to turbo charge my miata after i have put in some 265deg in/ex cams in it and not happy with the result...

Also i want to use the turbo with minium turbo-lag...
Any good suggestion? TD04/T25/TD06?

So i assume i need the following:
Exhaust manifold, front and dump pipe
Bigger Injectors (how many hp can the stock injectors handles?)
Intercooler
All the piping
BOV - optional?
Engine Management - No idea yet?
E-manage with plug and play harness?

So my question is...How many HP and PSI of boost can a stock B6 handle?
Is the greddy TD04 turbo kit any good?

·
Banned
5,894 Posts
i would suggest going to turbomiata.net. you have much to learn and i cannot think of a better place to do so.

with the proper management, there is no problem for the stock 1.6 to handle 15psi (~1 BA). depending on components and tuning, it's possible to attaing about 180+ Kw.

You will need the following:

-engine in GOOD mechanical condition (seals, belts, etc.)
-exhaust manifold
-turbo
-downpipe
-ignition management
-fuel management
-bov
-oil/coolant routing

this is the BASIC system (which the greddy kit provides, sans the ignition control).

you need to consider two things: how much power do you want to spend and how much power do you want. from there you can set your two main goals and set your major components in place.

the greddy kit isn't bad. in stock form, it's interesting. any improvements or increases in power require upgrades with this system. i had one and i modified it heavily. i eventually wound up with 15 psi and a slew of add ons to handle this level efficiently.

there are many other options besides the greddy kit. DIY or other, you need to read up on turbomiata.net and decide which is the best option for you.

good luck!

·
Registered
132 Posts
The TD04 in the greddy kit is a good upgradable kit. The PnP MS setup with a intercooled greddy kit put down 255RWHP on a stock engine. (190 KW's at the wheels.)

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Be it 1psi or 30psi of boost, the stock engine is probably good for 250-270rwhp...you really wouldn't want to push it beyond that. If your tune is good, then the engine is fine.

however, at these levels you'll want to upgrade the rear (+170rwhp) and tranny at +250rwhp for sure. and brakes and clutch (+150rwhp)

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Am I the only one who looked at this and thought of kilowatts?

·
3,857 Posts
Well you can measure the power of a car in kilowatts - kW or in Horse Power , most of the European magazines they post the power of an engine both in HP and kW.
I don't know what the point in asking specifically what the power in kW and I doubt if all of the numbers that were posted above are in kW....

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Well you can measure the power of a car in kilowatts - kW or in Horse Power , most of the European magazines they post the power of an engine both in HP and kW.
I don't know what the point in asking specifically what the power in kW and I doubt if all of the numbers that were posted above are in kW....
I know all about the INCORRECT KW measurement of HP, but I thought this was going to be an audio install thread. 8)

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts