ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be going to a different setup and trying to gauge what I can get back by selling Tein Super Street coilovers. As you can see in the pics the shocks are Tein Super Street DKM65-U1531 Miata90-98/99. Height and damping adjustable. The springs say Tein A060-EVC1. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These came with my 92 miata when I bought it last year. The car is pretty low mileage, only had 38k miles last year and I have put another 1k on it only. So I'd imagine these coilovers should not have too many miles on it, perhaps 5-10k I'd guess. Would that affect their worth?

·
Registered
210 Posts
any opinions with low miles on the shocks? thx.
Usually half the price of a new one,if your looking for a quick sale. If there is no rust and you clean it up, you might be able to get back 60% of the price.

·
Alexander Supertramp
4,670 Posts
I think it's Tane. I always pronounced it Tea-en because of that dude from DBZ.

Would these work for NB?

/bump again

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For the NA6 cars (90-93) I think they work with OEM mounts. Spring rates according to Tein are 392 front/336 rear.

By the way, what would be the most comfortable damping setting for these spring rates for normal street use (no slamming, just normal ride height)? I understand turning all the way CW, and then clicking CCW 16 times gives the softest damping setting. But for these spring rates is the softest damping really going to give most comfort? I am guessing one may need to do different setting front and rear. Thoughts? (once again, emphasis on comfort)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes of course. Have them set at 12 clicks (16 being softest). Before that I had them at 4 clicks. 12 feels much better for comfort. To be specific there's some bounce'iness. Was wondering if any particular front/rear combination would be advisable (to reduce the bounciness) from the collective wisdom here :)

·
Premium Member
6,345 Posts
Yes of course. Have them set at 12 clicks (16 being softest). Before that I had them at 4 clicks. 12 feels much better for comfort. To be specific there's some bounce'iness. Was wondering if any particular front/rear combination would be advisable (to reduce the bounciness) from the collective wisdom here :)
If the shocks can't control the springs, they're more than likely shot. I doubt the response curve to adjustment clicks is anywhere close to linear or consistent, so there's really no recommendations we can make. Trial and error is all you have.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
With adjustable coils I have always just taken the adjustments as two settings. Full soft, full hard. Unless you have some absolutely fkn awesome coils everything in between is hardly noticeable. The difference between 16 clicks and 12 clicks isn't going to be a large enough difference to satisfy your desire for more comfort.

If these coils were in good shape they could sell for 5-600. They look pretty rough though. I'd say 400 as is is fair. Even if the car had low miles that's not to say the owners didn't grab them used off a forum. The coils in the picture are caked up with dirt pretty badly too. IMO that wouldn't happen in 5,000miles, atleast on a car that was looked well after. Granted, if the car is in an area where there is snow and dirt roads it could explain the dirt, but then it begs the question how much does snow effect a steel bodied coilover? The coils on my car have like 30,000 miles and they are no where near that condition.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
these have sold countless times on craigslist for like 600+, considering the low mileage of the car and the fact that its a 1.6 so its not physically capable of beating on anything but its own engine, i'd say they've still got some value. i'd post them for like $650 and let people nibble.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
these have sold countless times on craigslist for like 600+, considering the low mileage of the car and the fact that its a 1.6 so its not physically capable of beating on anything but its own engine, i'd say they've still got some value. i'd post them for like $650 and let people nibble.
That made no sense. 1.6 vs 1.8 vehicle is the most irrelevant piece of information when determining condition of a used set of Miata suspension.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts