ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Day to day I keep it around 10-12psi. I have been known to crank it up to the 15-18psi range to keep up with all my friends.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I got mine set at 8psi, which dyno'd at 175rwhp. Have you been on a dyno when in the 15-18psi range?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not yet, there are not realy any dynos in my area. Thats why i have it tuned pretty rich just to keep it safe. I hope to get it dynoed some time this year. Brainstorm claimed they made 212hp @10psi with the AVO kit tuned. My car is a little different than their's because i have lower compresion (8.71 compared 9.40), HKS 264 cams, and a bigger exhaust.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
I used to run the car with the T25 turbo most of the 12- 15 psi. The power was crazy but turbo spiked a lot. It was fun to drive but anoying to tune. The small turbo likes to run at 12 psi and doesn't do well on top end. When I upgraded to t28 cartridge the turbo spooled better. Now I upgraded to the T3 turbo but haven't had a chance to run the car with this set up.

Here is a picture of my last set up on the old 1.6 motor. As I said, no more 1.6 for me.

·
Banned
5,894 Posts
i ran upto 15psi on my greddy kit.

i no longer have that, but am almost complete with my next system. i plan to run a gt2554r at about 10 psi.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
I just finished riding on my friends 99 turbocharged miata. Wow I am Hyperrrrrrrrrrrrrrr again. He is boosting 13 pounds and injecting alcohol on a water intercooler set up. I was very impressed how fast his car reaches 120-130 mph and he wasn't even flooring it.
The supercharger set up he used to have will be rusting for years to come.

·
Registered
9 Posts
8psi right now looking for a greddy emanage at a good price hoping to turn it up to 12-13psi i need to find a local dyno just moved to austin tx and dont know any shops here so ill have to do some research ill keep you guys posted

Attachments

·
Lit like a BranchDavidian
5,990 Posts
was running stock 5-6psi on the JRSC, did the full exhaust and boost dropped to 4psi, so i added a BBK crank pulley and got it up to about 7-8 psi... adn when i get the car runnign right (install intercooler, injectors and SAFC) i'll get a smaller s/c pulley... with hopes of seeing 10-12psi.... and hopign to be one of the few to hit 200rwhp on a JRSC M45 :D

·
Registered
239 Posts
i'm currently running 6lbs on my eaton supercharger. once i get my intercooler installed, timing and fuel dealt with, i'll be able to run 11-13 lbs!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Been running 15psi for over a year on 100 octane. Just dropped it down to 12psi, due to gas prices killing me. Power was 230 (217 TQ) on a Mustang dyno. Going to go in again for more tuning soon on both maps. Might run 15 for both, with the higher octane being the only differance.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Been running 15psi for over a year on 100 octane. Just dropped it down to 12psi, due to gas prices killing me. Power was 230 (217 TQ) on a Mustang dyno. Going to go in again for more tuning soon on both maps. Might run 15 for both, with the higher octane being the only differance.
Nice.. sounds fast. Like your sig too.

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
Was running @12psi with the FMII system (T25) on a stock internals 1.6L (but with headwork), but that was prior to the current project. That setup made 232hp/211ft lbs on FM's dyno.

The new 1.6L engine is totally built, and the turbo system has been upgraded (T28, TDR intercooler). Although I could pump the boost up to 15-18psi, I'm planning on keeping the boost @12psi. Any power/torque gains will be from the use of lighter components in the engine (lighter rods, knife-edged crank, headwork, etc). Maybe it'll make somewhere in the range of 240-250hp after all is said and done.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Is FM's a Mustang or Dynojet? Where those corrected numbers? Just curious. I might have to get my car on theirs when I am at the Open House.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Nice.. sounds fast. Like your sig too.

Thanks! :mrgreen: She ain't tooo shaby. :wink:

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
Is FM's a Mustang or Dynojet? Where those corrected numbers? Just curious. I might have to get my car on theirs when I am at the Open House.
At the time I think they were using a Dynojet, IIRC--and yes, those figures were corrected for altitude (so they're probably a bit optimistic). Since then, they've changed their dyno to a different type which mounts directly to the hubs.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts