ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys Im soo sad to do it but I am forced to sell one of my vehicles as I just purchased a 07 yamaha r6 and promised my wife that I'll sell one of my cars and my ae86 is not going soooo......heres the list
96 black na8 at 87000 something miles right now
Brand new zipperless glass sunfast top
brand new bumper
Vary front lip
brand new rota rb 13x8 w/185/60/13 yoke htr 200 (just put on last sat.)
Brand new carpet (black)
custom monsterflow cf intake
Black wrinkle painted valve cover w.the timing gear cover cut
Ac Blows super cold
ps works
clutch replaced with exedy along with a brand new lightened flywheel (replaced around 3 to 4 thou miles ago)
headgasket and rings replaced 15 thou miles ago

The bad The third gear synchro is starting to go out and the usual small stone chips for a car this old.... but yeah let me know how much you think its worth. Thanks

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
A used replacement transmission can be found for $300 + shipping + install. Why did the head gasket need to be replaced? Overheated? Was any machine work done at the time? Compression/leakdown numbers? I'd say 4-5k depending on how quickly you want to sell it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pics of it can be found from a previous post/without the new wheels. The headgasket and rings were replaced because my buddy bought them for his 97 with bad blowbuy but decided to just get a new engine so I got them for free. The head was checked and milling was not needed and the bores were honed with a bottle hone professionally the machinist said they would be good with just a cleanup, he thought I was stupid because there really wasnt amything wrong with my engine hahaha. 5000, maybe? wow I just spent about 3 thou over the last 2 months on the car haha was kinda hoping 6000 haha. Oh its also got a borla with a cat delete welded in and all maintenance has been done within the last 2 mo.
Ie. timing belt ,fuel filter, radiator flush and filled with water wetter, plugs...everything. Oh and the front rotors need to be replaced but those are cheap The pads were replaced and rotors machined about 3k ago but just started slightly grinding. The tranny is ok the only problem is downshifting into 3rd it slightly grinds when going into gear but doesnt stop it and you dont have to force it and my buddy drove it and didnt think anything was wrong haha I've been double clutching it and its perfect. haha

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Spring is here so you may be able to get $6k for it if you were willing to fix the transmission first. While most people on the forum are capable of fixing cars up many people aren't and have no interest in a car that costs $5k-$6k with immediate needs. Local market forces can have as much as $1,500-$2,000 swing on prices. Some parts of the country there is high demand and short supply for Roadsters so the pickings are slim and people are forced to pay a premium if they buy locally.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts