ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About how much weight have you guys towed with your miata?

Also for the slammed/moderately slammed guys did you ever need to modify the hitch? or trailer.

Post pictures for giggles.

·
Registered
716 Posts
My uncle tows a trailer with his Ubercharged 94. It carries 4 Hoosier A6s (on panasports) and small cooler used as a toolbox.

Based on the torque curve of the miata, I wouldn't want to tow much.

·
Alexander Supertramp
4,670 Posts
Well, I found this...

and this

then this.

So that should give you somewhat of an idea haha.

·
Lit like a BranchDavidian
5,990 Posts
I've had this trailer full of various stuff...patio furniture, boxes when moving, gardening supplies, wheels, people...and more I can't think of..

DSC_0100 by AnonymousNamelss, on Flickr

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome answers guys thanks should have surprise in the next few months to come :D

·
┐('~`;)┌
6,401 Posts
If it's the back half of a matching Miata slammed on matching wheels I will actually mail my vomit to you.

·
Registered
400 Posts

OH CMON! Do it. Look how awesome it is.

·
Alexander Supertramp
4,670 Posts
You should do it with a front clip... seal up the bottom of the bay and you'd have more room than just the trunk. Plus it'd scare people that are driving behind you, seeing a Miata facing them :lol:

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
If it's the back half of a matching Miata slammed on matching wheels I will actually mail my vomit to you.
I literally laughed out loud at work and everyone looked at me. How embarrassing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The most I have pulled is around 1000# on a harbor freight utility trailer. Most of the time I am towing my tire trailer to the track and it weighs about 600# fully loaded.

It's the trailer with the 12" wheels and I can hardly tell it's there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts