ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as the title says. This setup has worked awesome for upper power and mid torque. The heat film has killed any instance of heat soak also after hard driving. At 5k rpms to redline, you can hear the custom Randal cowl sucking in tons of air. I also have a K&N panel filter in there thats only 2 months old if that. Theres about 3 feet worth of reflective film on there and that was 30 bucks a sq. ft.

So guys, how much is it worth to you?

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
guys, this stuff isnt meant to increase horse power. its meant to prevent heatsoak and allow the car to perform like it does in cool weather all the time.

·
Registered
69 Posts
k

in for heat soaked dyno charts

you do realize, heat soak causes power loss, right?

so show a dyno chart of a stock, un shielded airbox suffering from heatsoak.

then show a dyno chart of a stock, gold shielded airbox, in the same situation. If there is a gain over the unshielded, then you will have potential.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks^ thats all I cared to know. Im not wasting 60 bucks to do a dyno run when the I get 10 to 20 answers as to what someone would pay for it. Ill just dump it in ebay when the time comes to sell it and ill see there.

·
CR.net Supporter
185 Posts
I would drop some monies on that, if I didn't have me supercharger. Too bad you don't have just the goldness in its original format, I would jump on that.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,650 Posts
It's quite tempting for bling effect if nothing else. On my car, it'd be the ultimate inside joke...dirty on the outside, but wait until I raise the hood... ;)

On monies, I'd go with Steve's suggestion of $50-100. Basically, figure out what you paid for the plating and subtract about 10%.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hahaha I know what you mean Bryan. DOO doo on the outside, gold bricks on the inside lol

·
CR.net Supporter
374 Posts
The people that are poo-poo'ing the effectiveness of gold foil for heat reflection do not realize that many professional race teams use it religiously for that very reason. Nice job on the installation of the foil too - very clean looking.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts