ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So me and my buddy are looking to turbo my miata(He decided to help since i am gonna help him with his impreza.) I've been reading everything and looking up anything i can on turboing my miata. I decided to go for a DIY 1.8 kit. And i have come across a something that may cut my cost. A co-worker of mine was gonna turbo his 1.8 civic i think it was not sure, with a T25 off of an eclipse (i think he said?). Its in good condition but he's trying to get rid of it cause he just wants a new car and its been sitting around for a while now. He said shoot him an offer and I wasn't sure how much to offer him. Any ideas on how much its worth? I'm gonna take a look at it on thursday, but my friend won't be around, so anything i should look for when i make him an offer? and whats a reasonable price?Any help would be wonderful. :mrgreen:

I'm getting the parts now so by next spring/summer i can tackle the project. Cause right now my time is tight. So if i can save money now, I'm going to go ahead and buy it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Personally I'd rather just go with a BEGi kit or FM kit. The engineering is already done for you and they can generate MASSIVE power.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Personally I'd rather just go with a BEGi kit or FM kit. The engineering is already done for you and they can generate MASSIVE power.
thats true , but I think its quite a hefty price tag for someone looking for a bit more power. I think for me it'd be a tad bit cheaper this way. But if i can get a good deal on one i might rethink it. Cause i wanna try and get it done I am shooting for late summer of 2007. With the way things are going with school etc.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i almost picked one up for 100 bucks but opted for a new bigger turbo instead go 16g :twisted:
yeah he's thinking maybe around a $100 for it. Which for me would be great haha. but a bigger turbo hmm.......... :mrgreen: that'd be nice.

·
Registered
27 Posts
they run 5-600 new the small one will get you started and see if it realy is for you and you can always upgrade they are the same flanges.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts