ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
3,857 Posts
I couldn't avoid noticing this :)
Dammit!!!! And I have the Central Florida Lotus Fun Run on Saturday which I've been organizing. Guess I'll have to drive the 911

Oh well it shouldn't be that bad driving a 911 :roll:

·
Registered
43 Posts
you think they would have made sure 100% that it wasnt going anywhere on the lift. really dumbass because its not like they were lifting someone's toyota corolla or minivan that just drove in. for one its a friend of the service manager (more so relative) and being a rare expensive car you'd think they would have made sure before hand. im just looking at it from a point of view from someone who's worked at shops and dealerships and seen **** like this happen. when its something expensive you usually make sure nothing is gonna happen especially when you're putting it on the lift. but this is probably obvious. good thing the guy isnt sweatin it too much lol.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Oh my... LOL it literally fell on it's A$$

It get's better. They said they read the manual, but not to the point where it spoke about the 4-point lift. After the crash, they continued reading. Yipee for me.
I don't fully read instructions too, a good learning lesson for me in the future...

·
4,436 Posts
Is there a really weird CG on these cars - the jacking points must be further back on that Elise than say an MR2.

I was lifting all sorts of cars at RSpeed long ago and I always recall that sweat you break by thinking you did not double check the jacking points - you always double check before jacking or at least get it 1/4 way in air for a safety check (tug on the wheel, etc).

Goodyear should be used to all sorts of mid, rear and front engine balances....but everytime I look at this pic, I just see the car being totalled.

A friend of mine here in ATL had (and now has) a red Elise and hit a chuck on concrete on the highway - doing minimal damage on the outside, but it was totalled by his insurance as the aluminum tub was tweaked.

I hope he comes out ok on this with his lawyers.

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Yeah, there's a guy down here I met at an autox with an Elise.

His first one was totalled by the insurance company because the aluminum tub was messed up in a minor accident.

Since those things are all on unit, once they are tweaked, they're f'ed!

·
Registered
718 Posts
ouch!

that's such a bummer dude. it always pains me a little to see nice cars like that wrecked by people who don't know what they're doing.

·
Registered
50 Posts
They've gotta been doing something shady. That car only needs to be at most 1 foot off the ground to get the tires changed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts