ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Candy ass miata man
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I will be needing to take my car to my friends park recently, and gotta fit my bike in it, so was wondering whats the best way to do this without riding top down since its snowing in PA (I dont mind riding top down in snow but would rather not get my bike soaked:p).

SO whats your method? I could go outside in the freezing cold and try myself but I would like to hear your methods before I go waste my time disassembling my bike and trying a million ways.

·
I wanna go fast
2,781 Posts
Put the wheels in the trunk and remove the passenger seat. That's what I do.

·
The Platypus
710 Posts
Maybe try one of those bike racks that mount on your trunk or in the back wherever they are mounted. I've never used one, but I've seen people with them on Miatas (well, in a magazine).
or maybe move the passenger seat up all the way, unzip the back window (if you have a cloth top) and fit the bike in that way and it'll probably hang out a bit, so just tie it down to something like the seats or a rollbar.

·
Candy ass miata man
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The problem IS I have a roll bar, and corbeau race seats (bulky and dont move much). My handlebars are 30" wide which dosnt help.

Would it fit taking the handlebars and front wheel off?

I dont want to buy a bike rack because I will most likely sell this bike soon hah and get outta it.

·
Zero felonies. One deportation.
1,594 Posts
Take the wheels off and throw them in the trunk or in the passenger footwell and if the frame doesn't fit in the seat then maybe take the fork and bars off?

I haven't had this problem yet (no miata) but I have fit 3 guys, backpacks, cameras, tools, 2 bmx bikes and a 26" inch in my civic. It's doable for sure.

·
Banned
253 Posts
Try taking both wheels off and putting the bars on the floor. The fork might hit your dash though.. in that case just take the bars off. It'll take like a total of five minutes to take those parts off, so i think you'll be okay. haha

·
Accepting donations.
3,366 Posts
I would leave my back wheel on and ease it under the glove box and front wheel off. Would fit with HT on I had 29in bars and a 21.25in TT.

It can be done.

Edit: Always bring a tool kit. I would hate when my bars would move and then I would have to ask around the park hoping people had allens.

·
Registered
930 Posts
^this. id put something over your center console (if you have one) so the fork doesnt scratch it all up.

works perfect for me but l have frisco cut bars as we call them here. top tube length = bar width

·
Zero felonies. One deportation.
1,594 Posts
works perfect for me but l have frisco cut bars as we call them here. top tube length = bar width
Those would be some really narrow bars...unless you're riding a limo bike.

It's always a good idea to have some tools on you, I bought a small fabric pencil case that I put everything in. Its not very big, but its strong and holds everything I need. Allen keys, ratchet/sockets/extensions, extra chain links and a chain breaker.

·
Accepting donations.
3,366 Posts
Always bring extra shadow links fo when you mess up on yo scratches.

·
Registered
239 Posts
buy a trunk mount bike rack its so easy and you wont have to remove and parts from the bike i bought mine of craigs for 25 and there were a bunch listed for around the same price

·
Candy ass miata man
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Man you guys like some wide bars. I've always run like a 22 inch bar..... +1 for wheels off and bars on the floor
yeah thats the style these days super high rise like 8.25 and ultra wide like 28 and up.
Yeah haha mine are 8.25 and 29 I think. They are the fit sky highs.

Got some good advice thanks guys!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts