ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure where to start. i found a parts list of what i need to use it but i've heard (from FCM) that it only works with tein flex or basic or other coilovers? that doesn't sound right at all since i know a few ppl are running just springs / shock combos.

help! :D

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
up... is no one running these? supposedly nb mounts and shorter bumpstops are among the best suspension mods available especially on lowered vehicles... :shock:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
neither, still doing the research. i talked to shaikh briefly about his top mount vs the stock NB and he basically told me that neither top mount increases suspension travel, and that any gains are made by using a shorter bump stop.

i think the one barrier to using OEM NB tops is from the shorter shaft of the shock piston arm thing whatever its called lol(whats that called i just woke up :)).. so an extender would have to be used on the na shocks... or some other method i can't figure out.

if a NB mount can be used instead of shaikh's it seems like it would be the ideal setup since the cost is ~$115 less to set up all 4 corners. but now that i think about it thats not all that much of a difference :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
what his shock mount does do is lower the car and provide adequate suspension travel given the decrease in ride height. but what I`m most impressed about is the bumpstops he sells.

you just can`t use an NB topmount on an NA without modifying certain components as he has done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts