ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I'm stripping my car down for a home paint job tomorrow.
Just wanting to know how do I remove the rear strip that the tonneau cover clips into? I don't know what it's called. Has anyone done this before? I want to remove it so I can paint the car.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/528/imag0327t.jpg/
I want to remove the whole black plastic piece.

Thanks,
Luke

·
Candy ass miata man
3,655 Posts
I am pretty sure but dont do it without confirming first, that if you put your top up itll reveal some screws in the back (you gotta look from the inside), if you remove those and move the soft top you will be able to take it off. But I am not 100% sure ive never done it. So confirm it before you do anything:p

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THanks guys. You are right. I finally found the nuts holding it in place. I figured it's more trouble than it's worth having to take everything off, so I've found an alternative solution to paint the car and keep it in place. It involves alot of "Tape." haha. Painting my car tomorrow. Yay! Can't wait.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Just got your PM. Not only is it bolted in, there is sealer underneath so it makes a mess when you pull it off. the sealer is a black goo. Similar to RTV i guess.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
I'd pull that bastard off, and put a new one on there, if you can find one. It will look much better than the dried and cracked one that is on there now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts