ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Me, too. Since I've got a '91 with the big plastic speaker grilles I figured I would cut new panels out of fiberboard or lexan to look like the later door panels with a simple round hole for the speaker. I plan to recover in black vinyl with red nylon door pull straps a la Porsche RS.

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
I bought doors off a 95 model that had just door grabs. Definitely one of my favorite mods so far.

·
Registered
341 Posts
That's pretty awesome, I'm totally doing this. haha, seems like my summer project list is getting bigger by the minute.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You should do it, check my garage, I've done it to my 95, eliminated my armrests and plan on putting pull straps on when I can figure out what to use for them. I originally had these on my 97, the tops are from a 91 to get rid of that extra bolster on the back top edge of the door (only on 96-97). No armrests is roomier, and looks cool, until it's raining and you have to pull the door shut without the handle, the girlfriend hates it! lol. Next time I'd like to do it in metal with rivets.

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
Some reflections on a M2 door panel. The devil is in the detail; the stitching used differentiates it from cheap vinyl n staples effort. The door pull; doesn't fit a European sized fist. Too small.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Nice...I was wondering when someone was gonna post a thread about this...

I recovered my door panels a while back now...similar to this guy's method except that I used spray-on adhesive instead of stapling. Also, I used fabric instead of vinyl.

As you may notice some bubbling, I guess the I didn't do such a good job of adhesive-spraying...hehehe!!! I need to find a stronger-bonding (and waterproof) glue to use next time.

For the door-pull, can anyone guess what I used? Look closely...

*hint, I'm a Service Advisor @ a Honda dealership...its something used...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts