ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got ISC top hats in and they don't have the D cut out for tightening the bolt on the top of the shock. I'm putting on Rokkors with the ISCs. What is the best way to tighten this bolt without spinning the shaft? I've heard people use an impact gun, but my shocks say do NOT use an impact gun. I've looked for info on the web, but have found nothing useful other than use an impact.

My question is how have you guys done it? Is everyone just using an impact gun anyway? I do not want to have to hold the shaft with anything, even when using some rubber on it since I can't get it tight enough that way.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
tight it up by hand as far as you can, mount all shocks on car, with car on the floor try to tight it up. If it doesn't work this way, get an impact with a torque socket with the Lb recommended.

I never seen rokkos, but some shocks have an hex key on top for this, so you need to use a pass-trough socket.

good luck

Edit: I google it and found at least for VW the rockkors ave the hex head.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys...yeah, these do not have the allen key on top. If I can't get it with the car on the ground I will use an impact.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nah, just the single nut on top. I got them tightened as some suggested by starting them and then installing them on the car THEN tighten them. That worked great. I thought you had to have the D cutout, but didn't need it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts