ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are pictures of my newly installed sparco roadsters.

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and here

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I'd noticed your avatar a little while ago but seeing the bigger pics is great. Those seats look fabulous in your car. Very well done, sir! If you don't mind me asking, how much did the seat upholstery end up costing you?

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd noticed your avatar a little while ago but seeing the bigger pics is great. Those seats look fabulous in your car. Very well done, sir! If you don't mind me asking, how much did the seat upholstery end up costing you?
These seats have the advantage of the removable seat covers.
This one is the Vinyl version of the seats.
I already knew that SEM make a special dye for vinyl that is almost the same tone with the tan interior of the NA cars (in that sense the NA owners are lucky!) before buying the seats.
So to answer your question I did everything by myself.
I bought the paint preparation spray and I followed the directions step by step.
I masked everything VERY careful (I used the very expensive and very sticky 3M tape) and I took my time while I was masking the areas.
After that I sprayed 7-8 VERY light coats of paint and I let dry for 15 min between each coat.
At the end they came out really nice...it the first time that I tried something like that!

·
Mufasa in Training
32,623 Posts
Also good job on getting the seats in in the first place. From what I've read, it's a PITA to mount a set of Roadsters in a...Roadster...

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you Brian and all of you guys!
I don't consider myself an experienced guy in these kind of jobs but it seems to me that if you follow the directions everything is easy...

At lest is kind of straight forward what you have to do...
Cut-trim-try a few times...

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
man, those look great.... ad awesome job on the tan, too.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
hey kris,

i met you at the woolery tech day and really marvelled at your car and seat (i'm a new owner of a laguna blue/tan).

how do those roadsters hold up when you're tracking the car? i read on some website (forget what now) that they are not recommended for tracking.

roger

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey kris,

i met you at the woolery tech day and really marvelled at your car and seat (i'm a new owner of a laguna blue/tan).

how do those roadsters hold up when you're tracking the car? i read on some website (forget what now) that they are not recommended for tracking.

roger
Hi Roger

What's up?
Man can you believe it it's 6:30am and I just came back 30min ago from my night out :mrgreen:
Greece Rulezzzz (yes I'm on vacation) 8)

Anyway to quickly answer your question yes you read right.
The roadsters are very nice (real=1 piece) bucket seats for every day use...as a result it's not the best competition bucket out there!
Most of the people that they have them and they track their cars reported an amazing improvement with 4 point seat belts.
I'm currently in the process of getting a roll bar (so I can mount 4 point seat belts), but I can honestly tell you that compared with the stock seats (even with foam removed) they are amazing - in a totally different world regarding lateral support - simply no comparison.

BTW an interisting thing to know is that, even though I'm a hard core guy and these are considered -every day driving- buckets, I still feel that it's difficult procedure to get in and out...so I'm really VERY happy that I didn't go with something more extreme...

If you have your miata as I track toy I would say go ahead and try something more extreme, but if you want to use it everyday think again!
If you are planning to change both seats also think again... since not too many of you passengers would be pleased sitting in competition bucket.

·
Registered
175 Posts
so those seats do pretty well huh? i have two on auction right now. never installed then but i am almost second guessing myself. here is a link to the auction http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170014810702

so they perform much better than the stock seats huh? damnit! i was searching for something else but now im unsure because if its hard to get out of those and its even harder with a real bucket (high side bulsters) then im screwed! should i keep one seat and sell the other?

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Man these are pretty awesome seats why you are selling them?
And they are carbon fiber (mine are fiberglass)!
The only difference that I noticed is that they have the "normal" covers not the limited edition.
That means that the vinyl area is quite smaller which of course it's not an issue (maybe it's even better) I'm just saying that to everyone that will try to die them - since you can't die the fabric.

·
Registered
175 Posts
well one of the seats isn't mine... my friend and i got them from someone but we each paid for one.. we figured we could get more money for both... after seeing how well they fit in your car i showeed my friend and he told me to keep mine and just try and get some money for his seat... but we'll see i have three people saying they'll pay 700 for the pair... is that kinda low? i really have no idea what the value is #-o :shock: #-o

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you NEED the money do it but otherwise I'll keep them!
You are problably selling them in 30% of the cost...give a call to sparco to ask about prices...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts