ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mufasa in Training
32,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of ya'll may not remember this, but for the first half decade of its existence, Nintendo Power Magazine ran a comic book strip called:

The real-life Howard was Howard Philips, "President" of the Nintendo Fun Club, and a co-editor of Nintendo Power Magazine:

Philips created Nester (short for NES-ster, after Nintendo's first big game system), an arrogant know-it-all gamer, and was himself drawn as his foil in the strip. Philips left Nintendo for a short-lived career at JVC, then THQ, eventually ending up as a game producer at Microsoft. After Philips left, Nester continued on in his not-half-as-good Nester's Adventures #-o

In any case, I present to you The Howard &Nester Archive :mrgreen: . While not a high point of the illustrative arts, it was a cherished memory for me as a kid to see what game the pair would appear in in each month's new issue. It was a requirement that each strip have an actual game tip (most often, the game involved was reviewed in the issue before). In short, this is a nearly forgotten (but cherished) relic of my childhood :)

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
Wow. Never thought I'd come across anything this geeky. cool

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
I saw this in your AIM profile earlier and had no idea what it was. But then again, I never owned a NES.

·
Premium Member
9,430 Posts
i had this back in the day

my mom threw it away when i was like 15, along with my original jaba the hut action figure which would now get me somewhere around 500 bucks on ebay.
Heh, I still do :p all the way through issue uhh, whatever they were up to in 2003 :lol:

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts