ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hiya folks!

Found CR.net through the link at GoMiata.com, where I hoped to find a one-stop-shop for all my upgrade plans. I'm bought an '04 like new from Med Center Mazda here in town back in '05 and had big plans to turn it into the meanest autocrosser this side of the Mississippi, but reality and a mortgage and work and a wife and now a child have set in, heh. They don't diminish my love for my daily driver NB, though, don't get me wrong! Now the plan is just to replace parts that are close to failing with higher performance upgrades. Nothing too aggressive till the Warranty expires...

So maybe once every other month or so I'll be able to buy a part, meh. So this'll be the slowest project Miata in history I imagine...

Next item to buy is a better steering wheel. I'm 6'0'', 240 lbs and my tree trunk legs have finally delivered the ultimatum, 'It's either us or the wheel, bub.' So I'm thinking the Works Bell adapter and Momo Quark wheel, something with a flatter bottom should suffice... Am I right?

http://www.gomiata.com/moqustwhrefr1.html

http://miataroadster.com/works_bell...wheel_hub_adaptors_standard_75mm/g-62739.aspx

Previous owner sold the car with his Enkei wheels. Can anyone ID the model? I've looked and can't for the life of me place them, precisely. 15 spoke from '03 or '04 I imagine. I bought the car with 7k miles on the odo. Just don't tell me they're knock offs!
:fp:

Miata 009
by cdambrose, on Flickr

I keep Dunlop Direzza DZ101 in 205/45R16 on them.

I've replaced the intake with Racing Beat's and a K&N filter.

Miata-RBIntake-KNFilter-IMG-20120223-00090
by cdambrose, on Flickr

And added a grill cover...

IMG00173-20101228-1541
by cdambrose, on Flickr

And as a P.S., if you've read this far... most of the time I'm lurking here while I'm at work, but if I post, I'm a goner. So I haveta reply in the evenings.

Wishing y'all a bunch of Zoom-zoom!

-Charley

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GF1's... I think the wife's lack of patience has finally rubbed off on me, I coulda swore I eliminated them....:fp:

On the nose, that's them! Thanks so much!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RTR!

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
Welcome. If I insulted you profusely would you not be able to hold back the urge to reply? :D

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hah, I'm pretty thick skinned, except when it comes to my Miata. Just don't dis the Jellybean ;)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
Hah, I'm pretty thick skinned, except when it comes to my Miata. Just don't dis the Jellybean ;)

Haha. Couldn't wait until you got off!! Lol.

Let's see some side shots. I'm liking hose wheels; might love them if you were a little bit lower.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Actually, found the Tapatalk app this morning. Not bad, and I think I can get away with posting from it, yay.

Nobody wants her lowered more than me. Just a matter of time.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok tapatalk isn't to be trusted with uploading pics... ;)

I'll attach them properly when I get home if you'd like to see better ones, aarrowadscom.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
You've got a lot of potential there. If you're good at PShop, let's see some different colors on the wheels. Black, bronze, and white come to mind. PShop slam it while you're at it!

·
Supporting Member
436 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the club. I'm just south of Birmingham... the UK version though, so maybe 6000 miles from where you are! Nice car anyways

Russell.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
@Dan, you bet. I'm only up that way maybe once a year but I'll hit you with a PM if I planning on it.

@aarrow, I'm afraid I'll need to leave the manipulations to more creative minds ;) I see what you're saying though, pure white and silver makes for a pretty blank slate, don't it?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
@Russell, funny thing is, I've also lived just outside another sister town Leeds... Guess city planners in the 1800's didn't have much creativity, they just looked for old world towns that did the same thing, iron and steelwork baby :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts