ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't like writing that much about myself or my car. So this is going to be more of a picture thread. If you have a question about something feel free to ask. I'll answer anything you throw at me to the best I can.

We will start this off with a picture from a long long time ago.
The day after I purchased my baby. next to my buddy's.

Now it looks like:

I will add different pictures from in between time and try to give a story along with the modification.

Thanks for reading!
-David

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Looks sweet, not normally a fan of yellow Miata's, but I do like the yellow with bronze wheels on yours!

I want that MM sticker, been wanting one forever.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As soon as a purchased the car, I shopped around and decided on the FM 2.5 suspension setup:

and I hated the style bar that the PO had installed, so I found a good deal on a HDHCDD as well as FM frame rail braces and a memory fab seat rail all from "Rusman". Installed those in a day.

The stock seats weren't working out with the door bars very well. The stock steering wheel was also a pain to get by on your way in and out of the car because of the door bars, so they had to go. In came a pair of genuine authentic bride replica seats and OMP 4-points. Along with a Dakai Boss hub, nrg quick release, and nrg deep dish wheel. I had the harnesses wrapped around the diagonal, and didn't like that so i picked up a Boss Frog Harness Bar off of "Jay_L" for a deal i couldn't refuse.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Taking a step back in time, I had my car parked in the driveway on the side of my house. Some one in the middle of the night, thought it was be a good idea to cut open my soft top to attempt to steal the radio.

Even though this was bad timing, I made the best of my situation. The soft top leaked as well and insurance covered it, since it was technically bolted to the car. The perpetrator damaged my dash, radio, and center console failing to remove the radio. The dash damage was minor and I could live with, insurance quoted me a OEM top installed by a mazda dealer, along with a new center console. I have hookups at mazda for stock parts, and found a better deal on a top through a small time business down the street. I also had the same exact head unit that I removed from my old car prior to selling, so that went in. Saving money left and right, I was able to salvage around $1200 from the insurance check. So I bought a hardtop for $750 with bad red paint, and had a friend at a body shop respray it factory sunburst yellow for 300. So I ended up paying $1050 for a mint hardtop in a rare color. :)

Before i got around to painting the hardtop, a friend of mine had some fun with photoshop.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Needing a more aggressive looking front end, I decided to pick up some smoked turn signals off ebay. Turned out great IMO. I also picked up a Tougerun G-style Lip.

If you didn't notice in the last picture, I had also acquired tow hooks around the same time. Instead of buying stupid expensive/jdm tyte towhooks I didn't really love, I decided to make my own design. No towhook came out of the grill level, straight, and flat. So I mocked up a design using the factory baby teeth mounts and cardboard. Drew up the designs on paper, gave them to a local cnc cutting shop, then bent them at the right angle and had them powdercoated. Total cost = $30 for all four less powdercoating.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Next on the list was wheels. I was in desperate need for something other than -43mm offset. lol. Contemplated for a couple months researching what wheels I wanted, then what offset I wanted. Got tired of not finding the right combo and settled for Rota Grid-v 15x7 +0. I didn't go for the x8 +0 because everyone I know who has those, eats fenders for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I wasn't that desperate for a super slammed/stanced look, so I took a step back from the edge and got these. I was going to get gloss black, but they were out, so I ordered the Full Royal Sport Bronze. Debating on tires now, again not wanting the super stanced look, I settled on a mediocre stretch with 175/55/r15. I wasn't too sure about the whole setup off the bat. But as time passes, I think it was the perfect choice.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looking good!

This could very well be the first tastefully modified Sunburst I have ever seen.
Thanks man! That's the goal! I love the yellow and love trying to be unique on a budget!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Latest mod to date - KGWorks Cluster.
Can anyone spot a custom tweak I have done??
If I have already to you..... shhhhhhh!

·
SuperMOD
2,502 Posts
Really enjoyed getting to see your car in person. A like the choices you've made, and the yellow/bronze combo looks great. Looking forward to reading about your turbo setup.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Conversion of the fog light switch into a sunglasses holder slot?
Not quite, that is just another project in progress. I like your style though... lol

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Future mod stockpile:

Along with this tiny trinket:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Painted the needles red? Or changed the hazard/lights up switch to a 97's switch?

Looks really good, I really wanted a sunburst for the longest time.
Gold star for you my friend! Nobody has ever noticed the hazard switch, I couldn't stand the red knob. So I switched to the black knob. That wasn't what i was getting at though, the needles were what i was getting at.

It was really easy, I just popped the needles off, scraped the white paint off with an exacto knife and painted the back with basic acrylic red paint. So you get this in the daytime:

and this at night:

1 - 20 of 114 Posts