ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first bought my 1990 Miata it came with an aftermarket head unit (JVC) and speakers which seem to measure 4in. Well after the next few months after the purchase I've been driving it almost every single day from my house to College and back. While driving I hit somewhat of a medium sized bump, the result is my passenger side speaker turning off for a good 5 minutes. Afterwards the speaker would come back on and later repeat the action when I go over another decent sized bump. While this only happens to my passenger side speaker, my aftermarket head unit would soon follow in its foot steps
I notice that this is most prominent when the weather is cold (40* and below). I then assume that I need a new aftermarket head unit and speakers which I will get regardless even if the problem was fixed for the current HU and speakers.

Anywhoo, I hope any of you guys could chime in on what the problem may be
PLEASE !

My assumptions are humidity and temperature effecting the wires or poor wiring. I plan on buying a new Blaupunkt HU and Polk audio speakers (6in perhaps?)

APOLOGIES for the long post !
Thanks everyone in advance.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Always check your grounds for the sound system. At least, that's what I do when diagnosing my setups. It's usually the solution.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts