ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title says hydroplaned yesterday on the way home from school. It was pooring down rain and alot more slick than i thought it was. Went around a corner a bit too fast (probably a little more than 25) and lost traction on all four corners and smacked into a parked car. :cry2:

Other car had a metal rear bumper and barely has a scratch thankfully. The guy was nice about it and says it happens all the time and its the third time his car has been hit on that corner :eek:

My question is how repairable this is. Cost of repair isnt really an issue I have full coverage so its just a 500 dollar co pay but im worried its not repairable at all :cry:

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you want it done the right way, get a whole new rear quarter panel. Been seeing this done a lot w/ 240sx.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
It's hammer time!

If you want it done the right way, get a whole new rear quarter panel. Been seeing this done a lot w/ 240sx.
ahahahahhaha! Yep, get a new rear quarter tub, then cut half the rear end off and weld in the new one!

orrr...see the first line in my post.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
That can be fixed. My car was about the same when I got it. I just hammered it most of the way out and had to use a little bit of body filler cuz it was a little wavy.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
you were probably trying to be drift king in the rain weren't you. lol
Ha no did that once.. barely missed a light post.. so never again.

i was going too fast for the weather but didnt think i was at the time. I was going around the turn at around 25 in second gear. Felt it slip and it started revving higher so i started to counter steer but all four corners started hydroplaning

Im getting everything done professionally. I have full coverage so I dont see why I wouldnt use it. Plus ive tried hammering it out... It not working lol

·
Accepting donations.
3,366 Posts
Either they will hammer pull and fill or cut and weld. Either way it can/will be done.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Should be fixable, but that's going to be pretty expensive to have the quarter panel replaced. Insurance might want to total it depending on how much your car is still worth. If it was a NA I'd say its a loss, but the nb might be worth it. You really won't know until you take it in. Going to depend on how much was actually banged up. You hit the worst possible spot.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1vicissitdue - I was kind of worried about that but kbb values the car a little less than 8k so I doubt theyll total it. Unless of course it costs that much to repair wich im doubting

adam - no airbags werent deployed

·
Accepting donations.
3,366 Posts
Total loss is factored from a percentage of the value. At least the airbags were not deployed that will usually total a car.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts