ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My signature mod.

I have been working for the past few weeks on a modification I thought about it a while back. After I bought the Nakamae Short center console I realized that the Nielex plate for my power windows was not going to fit with the console. The Nielex power window switch is a great product and is very reliable. I haven't had any problems with it since I purchased it from Leni @ Metromotorsports over 5 years ago. It also matches the polished Nielex Hazard switch I have in my car so there is no way I was going to get rid of it. With that said, I fabricated a custom stainless steel plate to adapt the Nielex PW switches in the Nakamae console.

Here is a picture of the stainless plate I designed.

After the plate was fabricated and many hours of work were spent to have a nice clean piece; I paid about 25.00 to have the stainless plate polished at local place. The buffer polish machine at my brother's is not that strong to polish stainless steel. It is designed for gold and silver which are softer metals.

The result was awesome, so after it was done, I took the polished plate to a friend of mine, another jewerly designer. He has a special machine to engrave Rolex watches and ask him for a little favor. I showed him the Nielex stock plate and my Nielex Hazard plate and asked if he could engrave my custom plate with a similar design to the Nielex power window switch. After a week or so waiting, the laser engraving has been done. My friend called me, I paid him of course and went ahead to try it on the Short Center console. Below are pictures of the finish product.

The best part is that if you own the Nielex Power Window switch, I can get the plate engraved to look like mine for about $60.00. Let me know what you think or if you like the finish of the piece.

more pics here
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/185509/12

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Re: Hyper Signature Mod

HOLY HELL!! I've got to have one of those plates!!!

You should consider selling a few of those to us die hards!

I have the Nakamae Vintage Console (the 1st style - carpeted) and have been wanting to get the Nielex PW switches, but had the same issue you found an answer to!

Awesome work!! Let us know if you can bust out a few of those!

·
1,213 Posts

very cool M2 1028 , I did exactly the same thing ( more or less ) with my nielex window switches to fit into my zoom vintage centre console, mine are black painted custon CNC'd aluminium plates with white lettering to match that on my K G Works dash panel, I have done my hazzard switch and radio surround too - I will post some pics tonight when I get home ...

·
Banned
8,938 Posts

WOW HAWTNESS that is the sheeez bro, very nice job, looks like a factory part!!! excellent work!

let me know if you wanna sell one of those plates, im interested too

Phatness :mrgreen:

·
Registered
379 Posts

That looks excelent, great mod

·
1,213 Posts

pictures of my custom nielex window switches and console ...
i like what you did with yoru center console. how'd youg get that shape?
sorry vioolation, completely missed your question ... :oops:

console is by zoom engineering in Japan, made from frp base woth CNC'd black anodized alloy plate and real tan leather gaiters - complete with Nielex window switches and custom mount plate

1 - 17 of 17 Posts