ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the shop. They crush bent the piping becuase i was to cheap ass for mandrel but i figure its 3" piping so even at the crushed part its still bigger than needed. Yes it it very loud and i dont care becuase 1. I get turned into a LOT 2. Im 19 (I like loud things) and its soon to have a legit 260+ wheel hp so it will have the speed to match the sound 3.it was cheap and i have the stock racing beat exhuast system + cat if i get sick of it. Enjoy

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I havent driven it by myself yet only with my 260 lb. friend sitting shotgun so i cant tell you anything about performance. I went from a high flow cat to a 2 3/8" cat back bent 90degrees twice with a huge N/A muffler to a full 3" downpipe-back. Im driving it to FM in a couple weeks to get it retuned to 14-15psi so im sure the new exhaust will realy help the new 5psi.

·
Registered
559 Posts
u will get tired of it...i garentee it. my exhaust was just like that. and drivin from AZ to CO...u'll definatly be def when u get there. i got pulled over ALOT to. i dont know about ur laws tho. i got tired of it especially when i go out on dates...u cant here anything and the ladies like the way it looks but hate how loud it is....i do miss it tho. i did enjoy it

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm with some of the other guys... But at the same time, I drove a car with just the dash, the driver's seat, and no top or glass in the doors to a body shop to get a new fender/door skin.

All it really did was make me pick up a set of earplugs next time I was at Harbor Freight! So do that, get a set for your lady friends, and enjoy. The lady oughta enjoy a fun drive, and not distract you with questions about the other females in your life, what you think of her ear rings, etc etc.

...At the same time, I would like to see a tip on that exhaust, heheh. Maybe not a 3" tip. Or they can flange it so you can put a reducer and tiny tip on to quiet it down when you drive through cop-country?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I never thought about cops.....anyone have a good excuse if i get pulled over? Does anyone have any ideas for like a bootleg bolt on silencer i can put on the end for when im not racing? Anything is better than nothing. Will a baffled clamp on tip make it a little quieter?
Get a clamp on pipe and hammer it flat to restrict flow, you could even have a bunch made for different levels. Or a soda can.

·
Registered
514 Posts
them there sound like race cams Adam... nice... !!

And about the 3in exhaust... possibly get a straight through resonator welded up??? then again.. i dunno, it may behard to find a resonator with a 3in inlet.... unless its for a diesel.. LOL

·
Registered
323 Posts
3" pipe on a turbo isn't too bad, it'll sound more like a semi spoolin up. get a magnaflow 3" turbo muffler to quite it down ( those are my personal favorites for turbos ). as for the crush bends... if you got a 2.5" mandrel bent, It would flow better than a 3" crushed bend...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts