ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title said, I am new to the miata world i just got a 1991 turbo miata. I had a VW jetta VR6 that i auto crossed that the miata will be replacing so i am super excited. I am located in orlando just wondering if anybody on here is from orlando and can maybe help me out with some questions i have.

Pic of the new ride

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
That car looks really familiar, congrats on the buy and welcome to CR.net

·
CR.net Supporter
1,421 Posts
Big Welcome LOUMO!

Very nice looking ride. I'm here in Orlando, there are a few of us that get together occasionally. I think the next meet is tentatively scheduled for April 9, we'll post it here in the Southeast section. I you have any questions fire 'em off!

You mentioned you autocross, have you been out to the MSCC or SCCA events? One week from today is the Martin Spring Mini-Prix at the Gainesville test track 8) .

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah my old car was a Jetta VR6 that i ran in STS but, tell me more about next weekend? Also i dont know if you guys are gonna go to G'ville on the 14th but is is test and tune so for 40 bucks you get like 5 hours of driving on the read course.

The car has a greddy turbo kit and I am melting the master cylinder res. On flyin miata they have a heat sheild for that but i am not sure if it is the right one. Also does anybody have just the resavar(spelling/me being lazy) that i can buy off them so i dont have to buy a new master cylinder.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gainsville florida....sorry. But yeah any good websites to look for parts on? any body maybe wanna meet up tomorrow and take a look at the car and maybe tell what i should buy or wanna think about getting. All i have owned is VW's this is my first non vw car. I am kinda lost but catching on pretty quick.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Oh ****, Russel sold his car??

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
russ and i are the same. When went to middle and high school with each other. I like to joke around.

·
Registered
765 Posts
PM me if you want to buy just a brake fluid reservoir. I have one. You will probably need to wrap it in heat wrap in addition to a shield. :)

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Not in O-town, but in FL. Welcome to your new addiction.

·
CR.net Supporter
1,421 Posts
tell me more about next weekend? Also i dont know if you guys are gonna go to G'ville on the 14th but is is test and tune
Martin Sports Car Club (MSCC) Spring Mini-Prix on the Test Track at Gainesville Raceway. We go there twice a year, spring and fall. Our small "home" site is located in Lake County.

This is one of our competition events, probably 4 runs and the chance for fun-runs.

Information Here: http://www.martinsportscarclub.com/

Preregistration and information Here:
http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frmEventDetail.Show?psevent_id=7114

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok yeah i heard of that. I was gonna go in my jetta, but i wanna get some things done on the miata b4 i take it out and beat on it.

Have you ever gone to one of the test and tunes at gainsville? Either your car over heats or you just cant drive anymore...that is how many runs you get at those.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts