ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today i have mostly been fitting my Buddy club spec II and my FGK 4-1 manifold...

all i can say is WOW... we had to do alot of bodging etc i will do a write up later with some pics of how it looks, i am going to have a bath and wash this dirt off ....

Check this thread later :mrgreen:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just got in from a midnight touge run with my friend..

the install

fitting the exhaust was a pain in the arse.. my car is low and i mean low! we have to use the scissor jack to get the trolley jacks underneath to then put a small axle stand underneath.. then put the trolley jack on some wood to get more height to fit the bigger axle stands under...

after 30min or so of jacking untill we have enough height to unbolt things we go in head strong and attack the cat.. managed to undo one bolt... the rest just snapped off the studs!!.. oh well i thought, i wont be using that again...

anyway managed to get the airgun on the rest of the exhaust and it undid fairly hassle free other than having to chisle a few nuts off, then onto the manifold another fairly easy task...

i eventually tried to bolt on the cat back to the 'cat replacemebt pipe' they didnt match the hangers.. hmmm thats odd.. after mucho head scratching i realised it was'nt a cat replacement pipe.. it was part of the manifold!!! (it did look like one!)

so obviously i needed a test pipe or to fit the cat!!! bummers.. its saturday at 5pm no chance..

plan b! we sawed the casing off of the catalyst so we could get to the sheared off studs .. this left a small hole in the side of the cat due to the fact the heat shield bit is connected to the actual cat.. this was sorted with some welding.. then we drilled out the sheared studs and just used some nuts and bolts to hold it in place...

with the install complete we decided to turn it over.. VROOOOOM it went.. didnt think it was that loud... untill i realised the bung was in, so i removed it and tried again.

by this time two dogs were hanging around us, untill we revved it bungless MUHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHA it was evil like a cackle of thunder!! :twisted: :twisted:

the noise...

at low rpm/throttle the exhaust is quite quiet and normal.. then you put your foot down and what can only be described as if you were to take off the exhaust... put your head next to the manifold exit and rev your car!
its imense.. i went into a underground shopping centre. it has a car park with some shops underneath a even bigger shop! as i went through i was in 2nd and booted it... i actually set a shop alarm off hahahaha!!!

unfortunately i havent got any pictures of sound clips yet. i will have soon though :D

night night

·
Registered
344 Posts
Looking forward to the pics and video :mrgreen:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol sorry dudes havent got round to it yet, i can get pic tomorrow but sound clips i can do at the weekend

·
Registered
261 Posts
any pics or sound clips yet?
im looking at either getting this or the Rs-r once i sell my borla setup

is it deep? i took off my cat once and ran straight pipe from manifold to where the cat was and it was retarded, but i know the longer the pipe the quiter and thinking the turns will silence it some too, im thinking it has to be quieter because even at idle the lack of exhaust was loud as hell... i have to agree with sonique ive heard it on a s13 and it was sexy

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lots of pics and video coming as i did a time attack thing today, just have to wait till oter people piost them up

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok here is what it look likes poking out the back, it sticks out pretty far but i think its cool

pictures thanks to Giryan

·
Registered
261 Posts
nice! well now im saving up for one,

so is it raspy at all or just deep and loud? now im just itching for sound clips

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sound clips avaliable this weekend..

its not that raspsy its just loud!

ps thats not me in the car, i lent it to my friend to do the course..

i am taller and a hunk :lol:

·
Registered
261 Posts
sound clips?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts