ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea, no joke, I got an email this morning saying I am one of the first 86 to take delivery of a Scion FR-S. I entered yesterday as a joke, just in case my gf wanted the car.

Question is; do I trade the miata in on a SCION?! Its very tempting, boxer/6pd/coupe/rwd, but its super ugly and quite small I hear.

Your thoughts, illustrious ricer community~

·
Registered
400 Posts
Me personally, I wanted the Subaru variant, but, they're pretty much the same car. If I were to get a new car, I would get that.

I could trade my Miata for it, but, I haven't done anything to mine, so, it wouldn't be as much of a loss. Though, I DO love the car, VERY much lol.

·
I have all the correct opinions.
10,165 Posts
lol, wut?

how can you take delivery of something you did not order? I call bullshit scam email...

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
Even with the HP bump, probably still slow. My friend has a genesis with some work done to it and even with his latest tune, I still roll on him

·
Sponsor
548 Posts
Even with the HP bump, probably still slow. My friend has a genesis with some work done to it and even with his latest tune, I still roll on him
"The power comes from one of two engines. The base engine is Hyundai’s 2.0-liter Theta turbocharged four-cylinder engine, which has been bumped from 210 horsepower in the previous generation to a stout 260 horses when running on regular gas. Drivers who prefer to put premium in their tanks will get an extra 15 horses.

If that’s not enough, the Genesis has classically offered a 3.8-liter V-6 engine. While the engine previously made 283 horsepower, the new Genesis Coupe’s V-6 gets direct injection, which is enough to bump the output to 350 horsepower and 295 pound-feet of torque."

It is easy to make more power with mods on the 2.0T...now the factory does it for you. That's a pretty large and welcome jump on the V6!

·
Sponsor
548 Posts
Buying a brand new car on its first production run and probably above market value...so many things I don't condone.
"Pure Price" means that the price posted, whether on the vehicle, in an advertisement, or on a menu display board in the dealership, is the price customers will pay. This includes vehicles, accessories, finance and insurance products.[14] Pure Price is designed to ensure a shorter and simpler process, eliminating all negotiation. The concept aims to be open and consistent to all customers.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Meh, pass, things ugly and going to be slow as balls anyways. Get the revised genesis 2.0t coming out, hp bump, looks promising.
On what planet is a ~2700 lb. car with 200 hp. considered "slow as balls"? Are we all really that jaded that a mid 14 second car (more than likely) is now "slow as balls"? Jesus.:fp:

And the Genesis is just plain obese compared to the Toyobaru.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Buying a brand new car on its first production run and probably above market value...so many things I don't condone.
I am waiting no less than three years.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Slow as balls. Hahahaha! And this is coming from a Miata forum. :woolery:

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
On what planet is a ~2700 lb. car with 200 hp. considered "slow as balls"? Are we all really that jaded that a mid 14 second car (more than likely) is now "slow as balls"? Jesus.:fp:

And the Genesis is just plain obese compared to the Toyobaru.
Uhhhhh, my civic is similar in weight and hp, it is slow as balls, so yes I would consider the 86 slow, as balls.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Buying a brand new car on its first production run [...]
This is probably my only problem with this whole deal. Im not a fan of new cars and their nanny electronics systems, and I hate the idea of driving an untested/unproven vehicle.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts