ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
Is it coming from GA? I know who the seller is if it is, I kinda got screwed out of it,

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
revlimiter said:
Nope, it comes from TN. Seller's a guy named Dale. Is it the same guy?
My bad it was TN! If it came off a 95, its probably it! I can get you the ECU wiring harness out of that car if you want it... Its a little butchered but set up for the link the car it came from in my garage!

I'll check the guys name again, I cant recall it right now.

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
Nevermind, this cat's name is robert. Long story, LOL. It would have been funny if you ended up with it.

·
Registered
11,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, my link is a new Obiwan, in the box, never installed. 96-97 only. It's "the best" link, so I'm pretty pumped. I figure the package is worth a little under $2000 including those injectors. I think I got a pretty good deal.

If the link works, that is. :shock:

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
Youre going to reeeallly like it! Have fun banging on a 8k rev limit, haha

·
Registered
11,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got the Link today. It was unopened! Who buys $1500 worth of ECU and leaves it on a shelf without even opening the box for 3 years? :shock: I lasted about 5 seconds before breaking the seal.

I called FM and they verified the firmware and everything. It's from August, 2003 and they've had one or two revisions since then (or 16). So new firmware is now on the way. Very exciting.

·
3,857 Posts
So, Adam what are your plans with you car?
I remember that you sold your CS M45 and you were thinking about an FM2...
Give me your update :)

·
Mufasa in Training
33,009 Posts
I thought you already had one. Glad to hear the car's coming along, in any case :)

·
Registered
11,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is perhaps the longest delayed reply ever.

I installed the Link about.... 2 months ago now I guess. It went right in, fired up on the first try, and ran nicely. I managed to not do the temp sensor wiring very well and had a nice fuel cut when the sensor would come free. That was my only problem and I found that within an hour of installing it.

The Link runs SOOOOOO much better than the stock ECU ever did. It's incredible. It's smooth, nice, and the power curve is as it should be. All the peakiness is gone and it charges to the 7500 rpm redline. Having been stuck with a 6900 redline on the stock ECU was no fun. An extra 600 rpm really adds to the joy of driving. And did I mention the Link is incredibly smart? I've done some _stupid_ things to my map and the Link has just taken it in stride and continued to run nice. I've gotten better at my tuning and the drivability has just increased.

Future plans include dropping in my 18000 mile 99 junkyard motor. I bought it 6 months ago and sold off another spare motor and head. I'm into this new one for $150 at the moment. I'm gonna install it in the spring. I might turbo it in the future, but I don't know. I like it with just the Link so much that I might just stay N/A for a while.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Get MegaSquirt instead, it's 99% of the features of the Link + more of it's own for about 10% of the price ;)

·
Registered
11,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I lucked into mine at about half off retail, otherwise I probably wouldn't have a Link. I'm really happy with it, but it is an OBIWAN which most consider to be the best Link ever done. I don't know how the other models compare.

For retail money, I'd personally look at the Hydra. It seems like the new hotness.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts