ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I just registered last night and wanted to drop a line and say hello. I've been checking out the site off and on for a while and decided it was time to register.

I've been back and forth between VWs and Miatas and currently own a 20th Anniversary GTI, but am about to sell it to buy another Miata. I miss them a lot.

One question - Where should people post pictures of their cars if they just want to make a picture thread? I've always got something going on over here with nice cars and bikes and I'm sure there is some stuff y'all would enjoy.

Thanks for looking,
Corey

Few pics of my current VW soon to be sold.

·
Registered
499 Posts
all i know is most VW guys are diehard VW fans, and will never own anything else,

and thats a nice 20th GTI.

good luck with the sale and your new car.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Where should people post pictures of their cars if they just want to make a picture thread? I've always got something going on over here with nice cars and bikes and I'm sure there is some stuff y'all would enjoy.
If you've got pics of Roadsters post them up in the Album or your Garage.
If it's automotive or motorcycle but non-Roadster related you can post them in the Dope Sh*tzzz! thread.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've owned 3 VWs and 2 Mazdas. I really like my VWs, but am not the typical weird, die hard VW fan. I buy my cars to have fun with and modify. The typical weird VW owner is more concerned with making the car look awesome (and they do) and standing in a parking lot. I want to drive my cars. lol

I even take my VWs off road. Yes, that was a nearly brand new R32...and it was a blast.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where should people post pictures of their cars if they just want to make a picture thread? I've always got something going on over here with nice cars and bikes and I'm sure there is some stuff y'all would enjoy.
If you've got pics of Roadsters post them up in the Album or your Garage.
If it's automotive or motorcycle but non-Roadster related you can post them in the Dope Sh*tzzz! thread.
Excellent. Thanks a lot.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
VWs are great and all (check my username) but most here will agree they prefer RWD. Not that FWD can't be made to be fun/fast/sexy it's just we prefer the nimbleness of our little Roadsters for fun transport.

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
I've seen pictures of your car somewhere but the where, escapes me. Very, very nice.

My buddy has a r32 and loves it so much he used the ''R'' as his tattoo.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm not really into Mk4's, but yours looks pretty nice!

Don't worry about which you like more.. just own whatever suites your fancy. I realized I couldn't have one or the other.. so I have both! '95 Miata, + a GTi and a Scirocco. Wonderful addictions.. :wink:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've seen pictures of your car somewhere but the where, escapes me. Very, very nice.
Which one? The R32 or the 20AE? Both of them have picutres all over the net. I have a lot of friends that are into photography and they like taking pictures of my cars.

·
3,857 Posts
I love the old VW because they are cult and peole go nuts with them, but that's about it.
At the end of the day you realize that you drive a FWD car and a roof...

Where are you located?
How did you get the RH wheels?
You will miss them in the miata!

·
CR.net Supporter
1,390 Posts
nice! I remember in High School the 16V GTI with Momo Quasars was my dream car. What's the offset/width of your wheels?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I 100% agree with you about the VW/Miata thing. It was a tough choice for me, but in the end I decided on a Miata. I'm a Nissan guy though, haha.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Where are you located?
How did you get the RH wheels?
You will miss them in the miata!
Located in Hampton, VA. That's in the Southeast, between Virgina Beach and Williamsburg. That reminds me I need to edit my profile.

The wheels came from a shop in NC - GMP Performance

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What's the offset/width of your wheels?
Front - 18x8+35 with 225/40-18
Rear - 18x10+15 with 245/40-18

The offsets are the final offset after the adapters. The wheels are RHs multifit line. They require an adapter. The rear is actually too aggresive. They are already rolled from the factory and look really stupid when pulled so I'm stuck.

I got a buyer for the wheels and it's rolling on Axis Hiros (18x8.5+35 with 235/40-18) now. I love red stripes on wheels. They are on the Axis and I have them on my bikes wheels. lol

·
Registered
95 Posts
i was adopted into the vw community in the nova/dc/md area when i got married to a girl with a modded tdi - i still hang out at clubdub.org. i think vw makes a great sport compact, but have always been a bigger fan of sports cars and rwd. welcome!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Hmm, VW's :)

We've had VW's in the family for ever...Dad's first car was a Scirocco I, Mom and Dad's first car together was a MKII Jetta, when we lived in germany we had a Passat GL, a Jetta GLX Synchro wagon, a Sharan (small minivan). We've also had a MkIII golf gl, and now my brother has a MkIII Golf GL with a BBM supercharger.

Personally, I love VW's, but I probably won't be buying one any time soon because the vast majority of them are FWD, and the 4motion VW's are too expensive.

Did you go to H2O this year, by chance? I did, along with my brother and a friend, I posted up a link to his pic thread, it's around here somewhere.

I like the fact that VW's have a huge, hardcore following, but most 'dubbers are reaaaaally weird.

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Personally, I love VW's, but I probably won't be buying one any time soon because the vast majority of them are FWD, and the 4motion VW's are too expensive.

Did you go to H2O this year, by chance? I did, along with my brother and a friend, I posted up a link to his pic thread, it's around here somewhere.
The R32s are coming down in price finally. I bought mine new for a killer deal and sold it used for $1k more than I paid. You can pick one up for $25k easily now and they are great cars.

I didn't make it to waterfest or h2o this year. I was planning on attending both, but things came up at work. :(

The 20AE, I think I saw it on honda-tech?
Yeah, My buddy Joe (Ritz is his user name on Honda-tech) took the pictures and posted them over there. It got a mixed review over there. The honda guys don't like the staggered/stretched look it seems. Oh well.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts