ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah... what can I say? Trying to be a regular on that forum made me hate owning my car.

I'm all for custom mods that put a priority on function.

Heres my car:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have pics, I was just busy getting confused about how to upload them!

Im from the SF Bay Area. Right... leme go fill out my profile.

·
Registered
559 Posts
yeah I was getting flamed for som DIY posts. So, someone from here told me about cr.net and I have been on this for ever since.

I only refer back to m.net for common Q's.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I only refer back to m.net for common Q's.
I think thats about how its going to be for me.

I didn't get flamed over there but I did ask why they couldn't run their forum like everybody else. The mods told me to get in line, so a month later I found an oppertunity to mention that the mods behaved like little Hitlers... This earned me a 3 day ban from Fischman. Never have a seen a forum that is so tightly moderated. Mods so determined to prevent people from having friendly conversations.

The old people can have their paranoia about elevated levels of silicates in the results of their most recent oil test. I wont be there to remind them that they are being stupid.

I'm happy to be here, and im happy to enjoy my car. Thanks for the warm welcome!

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Welcome to the club! Nice (NB) are those your CraftSquare Headlights in your Avatar! Those are dead sexy!!

PhatMiata

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
I never had a problem with M.net mods, other than Don. He's a knowledgeable guy, but his close-minded "OEM is better" idea is only true in some cases. Their forum being so tightly moderated is good. However, when you make a topic about something unconventional, and don't have pages upon pages of documented proof that what you did works, they predominately do lock the thread.

Welcome to CR. We're much more peaceful and entertaining here....and open-minded.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
I CHROMED MY WHOLE CHASIS AND ADDED A K&N FILTER, I AM HAPPY WITH THE PERFORMANCE RIGHT NOW.

·
CR.net Supporter
228 Posts
You may have to go through a 10 Step Program to start posting here :)

Repeat after me

1- JDM is good if done well

2- You can have an opinion here

3- Experimenting is good

4- You can ask a stupid question here (you will also get stupid answers)

5 - After Market Body Kits can look good

6- You can paint your center consol

7- You will have to get used of not being flamed, smartass comments welcome

8 - We did not get upset when Mazda dropped the name Miata, it was always an MX-5 or Roadster

9 ? Europe and Australia have a MX-5 aftermarket too

10 ? Custom is GOOD

Now stick arround and have fun

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Welcome aboard, man.

I came over for much the same reason as you. I got tired of being berated over underdrive pullies. :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
You may have to go through a 10 Step Program to start posting here :)

Repeat after me

1- JDM is good if done well

2- You can have an opinion here

3- Experimenting is good

4- You can ask a stupid question here (you will also get stupid answers)

5 - After Market Body Kits can look good

6- You can paint your center consol

7- You will have to get used of not being flamed, smartass comments welcome

8 - We did not get upset when Mazda dropped the name Miata, it was always an MX-5 or Roadster

9 ? Europe and Australia have a MX-5 aftermarket too

10 ? Custom is GOOD

Now stick arround and have fun
Wow exactly the reasons I came to this forum from Miata.net also... =D>

·
Registered
373 Posts
Welcome to CR.net.

I totally agree with you on how tight A$$ the mods are over on m.net.That place has gone down the toilet in the last few years and it made me not want to own a miata anymore with all the negative comments people get if they modify their car a certain way E.I "if it's not wine & cheesed,it's considered rice".

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Welcome to the club! Nice (NB) are those your CraftSquare Headlights in your Avatar! Those are dead sexy!!

PhatMiata
I wish they were.

I cut off the back of the passenger headlight housing and mounted two Hella 90mm modules inside it. Its working out well so im going to do the drivers side soon. But more then likely I still wont be satisfied with the lighting coverage so some Rally 3000s are going to go in the front bumper, mounted like the Team Oreca viper or the C5R Vette.

Thanks guys for the really warm welcome. I'm up for drives and meets, and once I get a little more safety equipment, track events too.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts