ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and I have enough material to make like... thirty more sets. Of course, I need to remake these, but for a first attempt/proof of concept, I think they came out okay.

I used some craft foam, some vinyl and some Tennerman washers (I think that was the term). My only problem was that the spray glue didn't stick how I'd like, so once I find someone to stitch them, I'll make another set with stitching so they don't pucker like these did.

For a 20 minute attempt that keeps my knee out of the doorhandle, they do exactly what I needed, and they almost look right. :) Now my knee fits between the doorpull and the wheel when i'm just cruising, and the pull actually collapses to keep my kneeroom. I'm happy with the concept, in another week or so, I'll be happy with the output. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
looks like a good first step. I'm not a huge fan of the ring style though, I like the regular leather strap grip. I need to find some sort of replacement that'll match my red interior.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
go to a music store and ask the guitar tech if they have an amp hardware catalog. If so look for "vintage leather strap" for just about any amp. order 2 and hook them up loop style... should be about 20-40$ for nice quality finished /stitched straps.

like C, D, and E.

[/img]

·
Registered
145 Posts
As a side note, the leather on that amp would make an interesting door panel covering... ;)
yeah, thats it and another side note, when i see these lights and buttons, i´d think, they would have more nice bumpediboos which would look very good in our cars :lol:
Yes...very "KG Works" :D But I think the fabric on that amp is a leeeeetle bit too close to that fake Louis Vuitton pattern that the gangsta wannabes are putting on their blinged up cars.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
go to a music store and ask the guitar tech if they have an amp hardware catalog. If so look for "vintage leather strap" for just about any amp. order 2 and hook them up loop style... should be about 20-40$ for nice quality finished /stitched straps.

like C, D, and E.

[/img]
You can get the straps like the one pictured at the site you got that picture from www.ampwares.com. The black ones are $12.50 a peice plus like $5 for shipping. Mine should be here next week. I still need to get some sort of map pocket. I might have to go with zoom on that unless I can find some color matched vinyl.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Got my handles today. Unfortunately they sent me brown instead of black. Now that I havbe these in my hands, they seem too thick to mount ring style you might be able to do the loop style like s2 racing and eastcoast miata sell, but I still think flat style mounting would work best. The handles are too short to reach the stock holes on my '93 door. I'll need to figure out how to mount them once I get the right color.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I have strap A and its fits with slack. straps cdf might need to split the leather around the mouning point and thin them out by taking out a layer and restich a little section. but even that is doable and like 20min of work with a leather needle.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
very nice strap options. Im about to get a few yards of marine grade dark blue vinyl to re-do my door panels and other parts of the interior, some new handles would be a nice touch.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts