ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the weekend of May 5th, 6th and 7th (took Monday off as per my birthday) me and my girlfriend took a road trip to Banff, Alberta, from Edmonton...

We took a couple pics here and there. I put some of the better ones together in two slideshows.

Part 1

Part 2

We checked out Sulphur Mountain and Lake Minnewanka.

It was really fun. It's quite the "off" season so there were almost no other tourists around. At the cave there were maybe three other people there, and at the lake we only saw one group of people and they were driving in a laguna blue, so we exchanged a "Nice car!"

The drive up was quite noisy. Driving 120 km/h and I figure the head wind was about 50 km/h so I was getting quite alot of noise between the hard top and windshield frame... no music (the speakers are broken). But the drive home was fine. No wind noise and we could talk at a normal "inside voice." All in all it was a very nice and relaxing weekend.

·
CR.net Supporter
332 Posts
I remember going up to Banff with my dad back in the 70's (I'm old) I had lived in Utah and been through all the Westen States, but none can really compare to how rugged the Canadian Rockies are. Even has a teenager I was awe struck. "They are some cool looking mountains".

·
CR.net Supporter
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I would love to at least go through Montana in the Miata. It's really weird driving towards them. It's like, you drive over a hill and then your at the base of the mountains... no real "transition."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts