ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove to work with the top up.

Dropped the top for lunch. Then once parked back in the garage at work, put the top back on.

Went and worked the rest of the afternoon.

When I packed up my stuff to go home, my keys were missing. I forgot them in the ignition because I turned off the car to put the top back up. (I leave the doors unlocked)

#-o

I'm a dummy. At least nobody noticed!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Well at least you didn't lock them in :D

When I locked my keys in I notice as the door is latching #-o

·
Registered
526 Posts
I left the keys in the ignition once because they got stuck there (I drilled out my steering lock spec-miata style, thats only the second time its ever locked in.)

·
Registered
563 Posts
Ya I locked my keys in my car once. Felt like a complete moron when a guy from the lock smith company came and popped it open using a coat hanger (duh, I coulda done that). Felt even dumber when I got the bill for $40.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
I've locked my keys in my Protege with the engine running..

Twice!

·
Registered
563 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
One time I parked my car top down and when I came back my keys were just sitting in the cupholder. I was lucky no one drove off with my car. :oops:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Ha... good one. Guess it is good that you didnt lock your doors.

I have left my keys dangling from the trunk all day before.

-Jeremy

·
Registered
368 Posts
I did something even more stupid today...got a speeding ticket...this was just about 20 min ago...

*sigh*

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I locked My keys in my car twice. Once when I was soft top, and I just unzipped the window and reached in and unlocked it. Did it last week with the hard top on. luckily my gf had her keys.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
i've locked my keys in the car twice...first time, i left them in the ignition...second time, i left them in the drivers seat #-o ...i think i'm gonna get keyless entry.

·
Registered
514 Posts
i've locked my keys in the car twice...first time, i left them in the ignition...second time, i left them in the drivers seat #-o ...i think i'm gonna get keyless entry.
I actually bought a "slim jim" just for the occasion. 40 bucks for 5mins of work.... im in the wrong business. The slim jim says in the house.

-Jeremy

·
2,708 Posts
I never lock my doors. Nothing of value inside the car and myquick-release steering wheel and hidden fuel-cut switch prevents someone from starting the car and driving off. If they want it, they're gonna have to tow it. Even then, I hired Optimus Prime to watch over my car 24/7.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts