Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black & Tan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today I decided to dye my steering wheel...do you like it or you prefer it black?

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and in black...

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Honestly? I would say Black looks much better, and if you want a really sexy look i would ditch the factory Mini-Van Steering Wheel and upgrade to a Nardi, Sparco, Momo or the like.

Phatty

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like to hear opinions good or bad :mrgreen: so keep them coming!
I few more things:
-> It's the same tone of tan with the rest of the interior but in the pictures it looks different because of the flash light reflection
-> I'm thinking that it might look better with a tan gauge cluster (in vinyl) so I might try it
-> It's easy to go back to black but I'll probably keep it tan for at least a few days...

BTW Phat this is a $700 steering wheel same with the one that the Koening CCX supercar has (OK it has the carbon fiber + leather edition but it's the same wheel :wink: )...but definitely not stock mini van :)

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
If you don't mind ditching the airbag, I think a Nardi wheel with black center and wood rim would look nice.

I like it either way though. Nice DIY job!

·
Registered
176 Posts
I think Black flows better with the interior. Since the upper half of your dash is black and the lower is tan, the steering wheel is more on the upper half of the dash.

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you think it would look better if the airbag was tan too?
(Something like the 911 wheel in the attached picture)

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Btw I just ordered one of these in yellow

And I might also use the second (tan) gauge panel that I have...

·
Registered
379 Posts
I like. Is that the Raid Wheel?

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
thats gonna look good when its all assembled. I like the look youre going for, although Im still undecided if you should paint the airbag tan or not.

Yes, use the tan gauge panel you have.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I hate the feel of the FD3S wheel (I'm more 10-2, it's more 9-3), and it's definitely cleaner in black, but it also matches your tan theme very well. It might look better all tan, but that's almost too much tan.

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 31 Posts