• Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black & Tan

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today I decided to dye my steering wheel...do you like it or you prefer it black?

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and in black...

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Honestly? I would say Black looks much better, and if you want a really sexy look i would ditch the factory Mini-Van Steering Wheel and upgrade to a Nardi, Sparco, Momo or the like.

Phatty

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like to hear opinions good or bad :mrgreen: so keep them coming!
I few more things:
-> It's the same tone of tan with the rest of the interior but in the pictures it looks different because of the flash light reflection
-> I'm thinking that it might look better with a tan gauge cluster (in vinyl) so I might try it
-> It's easy to go back to black but I'll probably keep it tan for at least a few days...

BTW Phat this is a $700 steering wheel same with the one that the Koening CCX supercar has (OK it has the carbon fiber + leather edition but it's the same wheel :wink: )...but definitely not stock mini van :)

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
If you don't mind ditching the airbag, I think a Nardi wheel with black center and wood rim would look nice.

I like it either way though. Nice DIY job!

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do you think it would look better if the airbag was tan too?
(Something like the 911 wheel in the attached picture)

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Btw I just ordered one of these in yellow

And I might also use the second (tan) gauge panel that I have...

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
thats gonna look good when its all assembled. I like the look youre going for, although Im still undecided if you should paint the airbag tan or not.

Yes, use the tan gauge panel you have.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I hate the feel of the FD3S wheel (I'm more 10-2, it's more 9-3), and it's definitely cleaner in black, but it also matches your tan theme very well. It might look better all tan, but that's almost too much tan.

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.