ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
//banned
9,131 Posts
expect to pay the deductible if you go through insurance. that's my understanding.
otherwise you can probably find a used top...or slightly used top and get r dun yourself for less

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Must be the season. Happened to me yesterday, with both doors unlocked. Lovely 5*5 L shape above the driver seat. They went through the glove box, and found nothing. I was not fortunate enough to have comprehensive insurance though. http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7010/6465819477_f8dd4e4701_z.jpg

If you do not have full coverage, then don't expect anything. Otherwise, be sure that they are factoring in a new rain rail, tension cables, and labor. Take the check and find a hard top, and some security latches

·
Mnt Climber/ Trail Runner
180 Posts

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
It must be in the air... Mine was sliced last weekend for my stereo and amp.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was surprised that they only took the parking receipt. They left my boost gauge / SunPass <~~~Used for Tolls /
Radio all in one piece. I taped up the hole using black gorilla tape for now. Sucks that I am gonna have to forkout $250 to get this fixed.

·
Supporting Member
187 Posts
Sorry your top got sliced, its a shame to think that people are cruel enough to destroy someones top for a $20 parking pass. Maybe if you go through insurance and they give you enough for a new, top it may not be much less than a used hardtop. If you have any spare cash maybe you could throw it on top of what you would spend on a new soft top and get a hardtop.

·
Kony For President
2,036 Posts
I just put a new used top on my car last night, and if this one gets cut, I'll just get another HT and call it a day. I never lock my car for fear of stupid **** like this.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Yeah, our neighborhood is relatively quiet/safe, until the last few weeks. 2 weeks ago, someone a building over had their window smashed, and lost an ipod + a few other things. I think it's most likely a kid, definitely not a miata person, though, which I am thankful for.

Hard tops around here are not cheap. Prices seem to go from 850 - 1500, as everyone thinks that they are made of gold.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have never had any real issues with leaving my car anywhere both in safe and questionable areas but truth be told I expected it to happen sooner or later. Hardtops here go for about the same. Sometime you can find a cheap na with hardtop for about 2K. Talked to a buddy of mine that works at a dealer ship. Told me a replacement top will run me about $2500 installed by the dealer!!!! If thats the case ill just pick up a hard top and call it a day. Let's see what the insurance adjuster says tomorrow..

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'd skip any thoughts of a soft top and get a hardtop. I love mine. Take care of the soft top later on.

·
Registered
920 Posts
i wish somebody would come along and rip into mine. its stitching is coming undone and theres a couple tiny holes in it.

about to hire a hitman.......................
I wonder how much the average payout is for a slashed top with comprehensive coverage?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts