ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This time I was driving on the 101 going north...
I was doing around 10 mph more than the rest of the traffic and I was changing lanes...

When he asked me why I was speeding I told him that I was tuning the car :mrgreen: and that I have a problem at full boost :|

He didn't seem to understand :roll: The racing stickers and the radar detector on the dash didn't help either #-o

He told me that this was the worse excuse he ever heard (c'mon I bet somebody came up with something worse in the past) and that he would have let me go w/o ticket even if I was saying that I just want to go home because I'm tired :mrgreen: =D>

He looked at me and he told me: Seriously what you would do if somebody was telling you that story, would you let him go w/o a ticket (at this point I realized that I was screwed #-o )

...a few minutes latter a highway patrol car also came and asked him if he wanted help :mrgreen:

A few interesting things:
-> when he pulled me over he asked me to exit from the freeway (even though the traffic was low and there was plenty of space)
-> He was a serif (not highway patrol)

...and the most interesting thing is that he was a nice guy and at the end he let me go :!: ...because of my clean record!
It seems that because the court day hasn't come up yet (for my other speeding ticket) my record is still clean!!!

·
Speed Racer
4,690 Posts
It seems that because the court day hasn't come up yet (for my other speeding ticket) my record is still clean!!!
I've had this happen. More than once lol. I am currently license-less for 6 months, as of 4/24. Awesome. I counted, I've gotten 17 tickets. Probably have gotten out of at least as many. I'm 22.

But yay for getting out of tickets =D>

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rofl 17 tickets, now comon
I have em all lol.

Max, how many points do you have? Seems like you've only had one ticket so far?
I got pulled over 4 times (only) with the miata and I managed to avoid the ticket all of the times until now :)
I got pulled over with my Saab (no stickers or stripes - just a dark colored car) and they wrote me a ticket for 78mph!!!
Yesterday I was at least 85 (real not speedometer) mph #-o

One the way to the last two auto-x events I did a 100 miles distance with average more than 100mph (I was between 100-140mph all the way!) two times without getting a ticket... :p

PS It was funny when one of the other guys that was running (with an WRX) he came to me and said: "Dude you passed me like I was stopped on my the way here...and I was doing 85mph :)

·
Registered
698 Posts
WOW, you guys are crazy man, :shock: maybe I'm getting old but if I'm doing over 80 I feel like I'm going to fast. I guess it all depends on what freeway you're on and how fast everyone else is going. On the freeways in my area the normal cruising speed is between 70-80 on the major freeways like 101, that speed is between 80-90. I just don't feel that comfortable in the Miata doing those speeds. I'd feel more safe if I had a better suspension and better brakes :wink:

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WOW, you guys are crazy man, :shock: maybe I'm getting old but if I'm doing over 80 I feel like I'm going to fast. I guess it all depends on what freeway you're on and how fast everyone else is going. On the freeways in my area the normal cruising speed is between 70-80 on the major freeways like 101, that speed is between 80-90. I just don't feel that comfortable in the Miata doing those speeds. I'd feel more safe if I had a better suspension and better brakes :wink:
That's very true...when I first did 142 (speedometer-probably 130-135 real) I scared myself to death!
185/60/14 front tires (very worn+unknown brand) - 205/50/15 worn Khumos at the rear with stock springs.

The last two-three times that I did 140-142 GPS verified with
215/45/16 Azenis RT615 + stiff springs (430/300) and lower body + Roll bar + butterfly
...the car felt safe at these speeds...of course we should all remember that the wheel base is small and at this speed you need to be concentrated 100% in driving...

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
I did 110 in the xB a few weeks ago. I had no Idea I could stretch the hamsters out that far.

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
heres a funny story, my buddy got pulled over for going around 20 over one day, then after he left from getting the ticket about 5 minutes later he got another for going over 20 over!!!, he tried to explain it to the cop and he just laughed

·
Registered
563 Posts
Lets see:

1) Been pulled over 13+ times (lost count), Have only had 1 ticket I my record.

2) Hit 176MPH in an E90 M3 BMW.

3) Funniest cop/pull-over story

Cop: I clocked you doing 70 in a 55. What's your hurry
Me: Being a stupid-A$$!!!
Cop: Excuse me?!?
Me: I have no reason going that fast I just felt like it.
Cop: Where are you headed?
Me: Back to school for the week.
Cop: Well, I prolly shouldn't do this but I am going to let you off with a warning.
Me: Sir, you are a SAINT!!!

·
Speed Racer
4,690 Posts
I did 125mph in the Neon the whole way to Indiana for the start of One Lap last year. Mapquest said the trip would take 5 hours and it took me 3.5. I got my worst mileage in the history of that car since it was new, 20.25 mpg.

Fastest I've went in the Neon was 125ish.
The Miata is still stock (w/R package lip) and I can't get it over 120. Now that I put stock sized tires back on, it won't go over 115. wtf. And yeah, there's no way I'll be able to stop for someone going that fast in the Miata. The Neon has a better chance/brakes (tested).

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I did 125mph in the Neon the whole way to Indiana for the start of One Lap last year. Mapquest said the trip would take 5 hours and it took me 3.5. I got my worst mileage in the history of that car since it was new, 20.25 mpg.

Fastest I've went in the Neon was 125ish.
The Miata is still stock (w/R package lip) and I can't get it over 120. Now that I put stock sized tires back on, it won't go over 115. wtf. And yeah, there's no way I'll be able to stop for someone going that fast in the Miata. The Neon has a better chance/brakes (tested).
Oh, man. Neon high speed runs. lol. For me that was 147 on the Idaho/Utah border. NEVER again. Scared the **** outta me. :) I remember getting from Ames IA to Denver CO in that car in under 9h. I was kinda haulin' ass.

On topic, I was in court a month ago for the last of 3 tickets I had to stand on. It was a left-turn w/o blinker ticket that I had no chance of getting out of. I decided I didn't want to burn my deferral, so I was going to talk to the prosecutor. I sat around for 4 hours waiting to talk to her. Finally she finished the afternoon docket, and went and got my driving record... the court one, not the insurance one.

Insurancewise, i was clean. Courtwise (which shows all, and their outcomes regardless if they stuck) I was two pages deep. I looked at the printout and then looked at her.

"I know it looks really bad when you look at it on paper like that, but really I've changed. Honest! [Pause, look at the prosecutor's raised eyebrow] You're not gonna take the risk on me, are you?"

"Nope."

"Damnit. Well, thanks for at least checking. [looked over at judge] Your honor, i'd like to take my deferral, please."

·
Premium Member
9,430 Posts
Only ticket i've gotten is failure to yield when someone ran a left turn signal swerved to miss me and hit a phone poll :lol: Just one of those "I really don't know who's at fault so just treat this as a subpoena until the court decides who gets boned" type tickets.

That got cancelled out once the traffic camera video was presented in court. So I guess I only had a ticket for about two weeks :lol:

·
Speed Racer
4,690 Posts
Insurancewise, i was clean. Courtwise (which shows all, and their outcomes regardless if they stuck) I was two pages deep. I looked at the printout and then looked at her.
I got you... with 3 pages :wink: What's a deferral? I've never heard of it?

Everytime I get pulled over I get asked who I pissed off in Portage County, because my 62/35 shows up as a 39 in a 35. Hooray for court systems who accept the maximum fine for no points. My court system is retarded, hence why I lost my license. I have to go back every month to make sure I don't get anymore.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I got clocked going 96 in a 70 in alligator alley on the day of my wedding #-o
HAHA!!! and how wide is a miata from mirror to mirror, 65.9 in? That leaves a wopping 2.05 in on each side, Impressive!

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 36 Posts