ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Say a Miata owner runs a standalone engine management system (Hydra perhaps) in a state where OBD2 functionality is needed in order to get through the emissions testing process every two years..... #-o

NOW SAY, that a well documented way to get around the emissions hassle is to have a car so low, that they will not risk damaging it by forcing you to drive over the dyno rollers to get to the OBD2 station at the testing facilities....

Assume that the driver of said illegally modified vehicle would rather not drive around scraping His/her bumpers and exhaust on a daily basis, but would want something easily adjustable for ride height when the time for testing comes around.... and as an added bonus for when He/she parks the car at a show or something....

What would be the best, least cost prohibitive, performance coilover setup that would still allow the car's owner to damn near lay the car on the ground when needed??????

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I didn't think you needed to be on the dyno for OBDII testing. In my previous car (2001 VW GTI) all they did for emissions testing was plug into the OBDII port and run a diagnostic. I didn't even need to get out of the car.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
correct.... they don't run the test for OBD2 ON the dyno.... BUT, the way the stations are set up in MD, you have to pass over the dyno rollers in order to reach the OBD2 station....

If you can't make it over the rollers, they won't test the car...

I was heavily considering the Basics.....

and yeah.... scissors jacks and spanners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts