ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:hello kitty:

now that you are in here......first world problem in my life right now....
My transmission is making a wierd sound. Im completely clueless as to what it is and dont know if my transmission is taking a dump :cry2:. When i accelerated it drives fine and sound normal. It is when i release the gas when the noise of jets comes out making my miata sound like a jet powered car...(wished i had the jet power with it though)
The sound is at 0:16 and 1:52 where it is pretty obvious. It does this in all gears while the car is decelearing. The sound is really quiet when i pop into neutral but there is faint sound of it still.

http://youtu.be/Abd_QLjGFjY

·
Kony For President
2,036 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eric:.....soon buddy soon, priority first. im even selling my vip whip =[

Thanks, for embedding clutch!!!!!! (If this doesnt cost an arm and a leg to fix im taking up your bipes asap!!)

xbeatles: LOL i like your analogy! but i want to feel safe when i travel 200 miles away from home =]

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well ive been driving my weekend car since my miata been sitting at home. tomorrow ill check the oil, thats one thing i neglected when i got the car and now im regreatting it. this noise happened for 2 days think there is any damaged done? the car still pull normal but there is like a clunk sound as of yesterday when i made the video engaging the car.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I think its your diff.
Try this:
put it in 4th at 60
let off gas, and listen.
Then put it in 5th at 60
let off gas, and listen.
If its the same noise its more than likely your diff
If the pitch changes, your low on trans fluid

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for all the help guys!!

i have just listen to another car that had a diff problem and it makes the same noise.

so now the question is......Upgrade it????

I dont want to have this problem agian in the future and i think that replacing it with a 1.6 might lead it to have the same problem agian.

Now what is the best torsen out there? My miata will be my dd and turbo is something that im planning to look for in the near future (daily boost of probably 7psi). I know for the 1.8 ill need, drive shaft, axles, diff and carrier)

3.9, 4.1, 4.3?

or just get it fixed with a 1.6 and worry about it later on?

Also how much would a person charge to do this swap(minus parts)? any recommendation fo shops? I'm in san gabriel, i like working on the external of the car but never mechanically, or else i would do this myself.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Problem SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was the differntial, that thing was a mess! had so much wobble and both of my axle was giving out also!

Hello torsen! now what fun can the torsen do on a car??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts