ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have had them for about 3 weeks. That doesnt matter really, what matters is stretching tires.

No one around here aka shops will mount the tires on the wheel, they refuse to do it.

My question is this; is there anyway to run a larger tire without crazy mods to the NB ? like something bigger then a 195 over a 8" wheel ? lol

Im lowered and run the ice hawk specs.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
No one around here aka shops will mount the tires on the wheel, they refuse to do it.
Therein lies the problem with abnormal wheel/tire fitments. Most shops won't touch them because they're a hassle. Shops want to take as much of your money in exchange for as little work/hassle as possible. Sounds like you need to make friends with someone with access to a tire changer and the requisite skill and interest to help you out. Check out the 6UL site and related discussions as their goal was to be able to stuff as much rubber as possible under a stock body Miata. See what they were able to fit, do the math to adjust for your offset, and go from there. Just remember that ride height, alignment, rolling diameter, wheel width and offset, and actual tire width (not just nominal width) will have an influence on how well your setup will fit. Or just man up and do what you have to do to make them to fit if you want it bad enough.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
yeah go find a shade tree shop and roll in with a sixer of whatever you guys drink up there. in about 15min you'll have mounted tires. nbd.

12 pack if your worried about it. I suggest molsen i guess. lol

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah go find a shade tree shop and roll in with a sixer of whatever you guys drink up there. in about 15min you'll have mounted tires. nbd.

12 pack if your worried about it. I suggest molsen i guess. lol
HAHAH good ideas.

I think i may have found a solution to the problem. I found a VW shop, and the Euro kids love doing this type of thing so they are going to see if they can do it.

Woot :eek:

·
CR.net Supporter
1,138 Posts
If you found a VW shop that is interested I'd take my chances and stick with them. You have no idea how many pictures of MKI's, II's, etc. I've seen with stretched tires. Apparently the veedub groupies are big on stretching.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I talked to the VW place, their machine is busted so they wont be doing tires anymore.

Im worried about taking the car to Wal Mart, im not even sure how this strecthing thing works.

Yes im going to run 195/50/15

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh I have a set of 205/50/15 RT 615's

Im wondering if these will fit, and even if they do will they look stupid ?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Not if you're anyway low, im fairly low and sorry i didnt go for the 195/45s. I have 195/50s that rub a bit on the front. Crap roads over here.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I got mine done at Discount tires. I gave the guys some tips, it was a lot of work for them. I put 195/45 on a 9" wheel. 195/50 isn't even that big of a stretch on a 8" wheel, I am supprise that you have trouble with the shops.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I got mine done at Discount tires. I gave the guys some tips, it was a lot of work for them. I put 195/45 on a 9" wheel. 195/50 isn't even that big of a stretch on a 8" wheel, I am supprise that you have trouble with the shops.
+1 most wouldnt even flinch at that. but weirdly anal shop techs... who knows

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hmm well they are worried it will come off and I will sue em.

Its funny I would think that would be more of a problem in the us.

ok im going to run 195's

1 - 16 of 16 Posts