ClubRoadster.net banner

181 - 186 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bumping a super old thread, I know, forgive me. That's what happens when you use the search feature though right? Lol

I just failed smog, and I'm in California. I got into an accident in my 1992 NA, so I picked up a clean title 1993 with a blown motor. I swapped the good motor from the 1992 into the 1993, everything runs fine so now I need to smog it to be able to fully register it for the road.

I got back from the smog shop and I failed with these readings:

The only thing that was abnormally high was the NO readings, I barely passed the 25mph test, but I exceeded the 15mph test by a good amount. I already adjusted the timing back to 10deg (it was at 12deg for the test apparently). I have an extra cat laying around since I have two cars, but it has 170k miles on it, and it looks original so I'm not sure that would do the trick. Any tips or tricks to getting this thing to pass? It's ready to go and I'm tired of borrowing my Grandpa's gas sucking Tundra.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
53 Posts
This post has been dead for a while, but I am moving to CA for work in like a month and a half. I have a 91 with a slightly high idle and a test pipe. My plan is to try and fix the idle, do plugs, o2 sensor, CARB cat, and an oil change before I leave for California.

Is there anyway I can test my emissions values in Wisconsin (where I live) to know whether or not it will pass smog before I move to CA?

181 - 186 of 186 Posts