ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I just cant help myself :twisted:

at $1325 it is a little expensive but it may be the hottest thing out there...

Not sure how the spedo is going to hook up yet but I will find a way !!!

It comes with all sender and wiring harness and even has the output for the Spa steering wheel with the shift lights in it 8)

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
I am really sorry man, but what a waste of money.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
It depends on what you're goals are. I'd definitely take this Spa over a Stack unit for a street car because it has an analog speedometer and tachometer, an odometer, tripometer, fuel gauge, 2 temperature readings, 2 pressure readings with alarm functions. If you want to do lots of datalogging and capture more data channels and don't care about your indicated speed or fuel level then the Stack might be a better choice but it costs more.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do like the look of that Defi but since I have experience with the Spa Stuff it would just be easier.

As for the Stack dash, I already have the Data Acquisition ideas planned out and I like the fact that I can move it from car to car (sorta)

I haven't bought it yet but I haven't found much that is as clean as well sorted as the Spa stuff

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
the Stack is old technology. IMO, the SPA piece is too expensive for what you get. Have you looked at the AIM digital dash? Totally configurable. Its what I ended up with.

www.aimsports.com

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Matt, I will take another look at the Aim dash but I like the analogue gauges.

If I were building a track car I would go with a nice small digital dash with a focus on the rev limiter and warning lights and not on all the gauges that you would normally find in a road car.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
thats a good point. Everyone has thier own tastes. But the thing I like about the AIM is that it is fully configureable. It will display any sensor you want. I currently have mine displaying rpm, mph, oil pressure, fuel pressure, water and oil temp.

The only thing it won't do is fuel level.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts