ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I've been gone a while. Bought a new WRX 2 years ago. Built motor, full boltons, tuned, launch control,BC coilovers, wide wheels, solid bushings, sways.... The works.

I have been wanting a daily driver, something I could make nice and just drive. You guessed it, I bought a Miata. It's not super pretty, body is straight though, and the 1.6 runs damn good. Picked it up for $900 bucks. I've driven by it for a year and a half and finally decided to stop. Well, towed it to a buddies house, threw it together only to find that the water pump leaked and the timing was off. Hence it got tore down for a new belt and pump, coils,plugs,wires,battery,and fluids.

Needed a new window roller upper dewhicky. The window I found out was held up with a block of wood :/

The drivers seat was torn and broke down, so my old one I had laying around was put in, shifter was rebuilt, and 12 pounds of leaves were pulled out of the engine bay.

The car had a newer top on it when I got it, Blue Magic top cleaner worked wonders to bring it back.

Swapped in all my LED bulbs into the turns, reverse, and brake lights I had left over as well as the modified flasher box.

Now that all the boring stuff is out of the way, I have an OEM replica lip, feed style skirts, and carbon fiber covered door handles waiting to go on at the house. And these are in the mail on their way to me.
V__525D.jpg by gmac9192, on Flickr

Started redoing the door cards as well.

[/url]
Only exterior photo I have of the car.

WP_20140102_004.jpg by gmac9192, on Flickr

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not much of an update but I ordered my tires today. Pretty damn hard to find 175/50/15s locally. So I got mine through tires-easy.com for about $280 shipped.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
FML, heater core.... Not how I wanted to spend my Friday night.... But at least I got a great deal on a new one. $80 bucks. Egay wanted $100 for a used one most everywhere.

WP_20140117_001.jpg by gmac9192, on Flickr

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

WP_20140129_007.jpg by gmac9192, on Flickr
Cut cam gear in my dirty bay today.

WP_20140129_006.jpg by gmac9192, on Flickr
Installed my new front lip. You can also see my new battle scar on the bumper from some **** at work.

Also raised my motor with some spacers I made at work as well as cut my skid plate which will be welded on this weekend.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts