ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
4,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we went to the kinod on 3/9/07,but it was already late,11:30. i saw everyone leaving the parking lot , so we went to a friends house to hang out. we had a few drinks,so i told the wife to drive .anyway, she hops on our closed circuit toward home.
i dont know why ,but she got all excited and started to bust like 120 thru traffic. :shock: at first it was like , ok lay into it.,but i quickly had enough , and remembered those pics of that girl in her dads porsche.after giving her a bunch of parent type rants, she finally calmed down. whoo ok. so we hit the closed circuit offramp, and i'm still giving her sh*t. she looks at me dead in the eye :twisted: and Says , "but wait , you still havent seen me drift yet". i'm thinking "o my young padawan,now is not the time".
so
shes haulin ass in third toward a right hander,drops it in second,back slides out , then she clutch kicks it hard,motor screaming.but this is where her training ends,
the car goes into a 180,and heads for the inside curb. she cant stop it. we slide sideways into a large curb, and up into a fence.
shes crying,im blank, and i just want to get home.
i dont know what i will do now.i got a replacement door today , but its so hard to decide the cars future now.so disappointed.
heres the pics, of what was a pretty clean 94R

Attachments

·
Registered
720 Posts
sorry but all i could think while reading the thread was:

"bitch is crazy"

glad you guys are ok , cars are replaceable
ppl aint!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Agreed with M42.

It's just a car, and at least your wife accepts and tries to participate in your hobby.

Fix it, buy new wheels and proceed to keep on drivin', but send your wife to some sorta drift school.

·
Garage Quinn Motors - GQM
2,847 Posts
see i could never let my girlfriend drive one of my cars because i am afraid of what my actions would be in a situation like this. so the best way to avoid it by having sit in the passenger seat. im sorry for your loss. glad you are ok.

·
4,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i think there is some damage to the front subframe,wheels are gone,well see what happens when the door is replaced. i want a frame& alignment place to look at it, though.

wifes not a bad driver, a little crazy, but not bad , she was trying to show off to me.she just isnt at the level to drift like that under those conditions.she now knows to take it to the track.
still pretty mad though.
this car was a great starting point as a project, now i just want to get it back to normal.
shes lucky,
i was telling her i was gonna strip it and take all the parts i need for my other cars(motor,diff,etc.)
it is afterall her car.

·
Registered
33 Posts
see if my wife would have said "you havent seen me drift yet" i would have said something like "you havent seen me get angry yet" hah.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Part of me thinks it's really hot that your girl wanted to impress you with (at least in her mind) mad dorifto skills. Maybe that's why I always tend to be with crazy emotional girls that do crazy ****.

Too bad it ended poorly. But, like the man said, "for better or worse." Without seeing the frame it's hard to say how much work is needed to repair. Door, fender, front bumper, wheel are all easily replaced. Glad to hear it's just your wallet that's taking a bruising. Kiss and make up with your wife. Then tell her to save the crazy stuff for the bedroom.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
"You haven't seen me drift yet."

Oh lawrd.

·
Registered
600 Posts
this is why i dont let other people drive my car

edit....this is why i dont let women drive my car....when its that time of the month

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
omg backhanddndd!!!

*stevens wife should teach your wife how to drive :D

and in the mean time i can teach you how to poop in model homes without getting caught!

·
Registered
559 Posts
OMG!!! This remindes me of how my bro recked his TT Z. He went strait head on into a pole. We now drift in parking lots and at SCCA. (they dont like when people drift a SCCA). My bro is now going to get a 1.6 after he sell his TT beast.

He speaks of rotory swap. =)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts