ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been putting it off forever, tonight I got a bug up my behind to do it... pulled the seat, unhogringed it all, and set to work. The back cushion took all of 5 minutes. I removed the foam, and actually substituted my inflatable lumbar support for it. Now I can have full bucket, or stock feeling, works pretty nice.

I then made a beeline for Walmart, where I felt like a damned woman checking out... in my cart were:

1 yard of "stabilizer"
a gluegun
spray adhesive
electric knife
and some beer.

I got home, and fixed my broken driver's side bolster... first some hotglue to hold the 12" gouge in the foam together... then the spray glue to hold the "Stabilizer" over the bolster... then out came the knife! I took out a bunch of the under cushion... and then put a bunch of the remnants under the leading edge to bring the knee bolster even higher.

Feels great, after about 40 cable ties, it even looks stock. :) I'd like to stuff some more foam in the bolsters, but my "hour and a half" job took me about 4 hours, and it's almost 2am now.

Do it if you haven't yet. :)

·
Registered
144 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
=D> nice, I'll have to try your seat sometime. BTW I think you coined a new word: unhogringed. Sounds like something from a Harry Potter book. :D
Seatfoamectomy isn't a new word? Whodathunkit?

YOu're welcome to swing by whenever and try it out, If you like it, i'll even loan you the "Special tool" lol turkeyknife.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts